SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the dreaded airplane noise in the rear which is making me to believe that the rear (either both) or one of them is on it's way out.
I've been checking RockAuto and I only see Timken as a viable option.. or OEM. What have you guys used? and how have they panned out?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
For wheel bearings I'd only do volvo or research the oem brand. If you're going with something other than oem to save money make sure its not made in Asia.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Pretty sure Timken has been used with good results here. I think I'd use it when the time comes...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I'd go with whatever brand has the longest warranty. Timken is 1 year, MOOG is 2 year, but they cost about the same.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard mixed reviews, mainly 70/30 reviews on the Timken. It lasts awhile or it quits out in a few months. Moog i've never heard of..

·
Registered
156 Posts
In my experience (I've changed 4 bearings, one twice) they all suck. The first one I changed was from at a Volvo shop (not the dealer) who 'supposedly' uses OEM parts and that bearing crapped out after a year, just after the warranty ended. So I've just been going with the cheapest option since from rock auto.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Most of Rock Auto's Parts are OK ..
Bearings are a little on the Light Side - as Far as Design Goes ..
Lowered Cars - Effect this more & Pot Holes .. Very Low Profile Tires etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts