SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote from my local dealer of 675+ tax for parts and labor to change the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulley. Does this sound fair? Also, do they always provide a loaner car? This is my first trip to the dealership for repairs. Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I got a quote from my local dealer of 675+ tax for parts and labor to change the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulley. Does this sound fair? Also, do they always provide a loaner car? This is my first trip to the dealership for repairs. Thanks!
I would pay that (if I was not going to do it myself). On my xc70 the parts cost $300 from the dealer. It is up to the dealer on the loaner car, call the service dept and ask.

·
Registered
953 Posts
good deal, how far is mount pleasant from tampa ? :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obiwan: Far far away....he!he! Plan to set up an appointment for next week since Fri. is payday!!! Hope to get a loaner since I work for a Home Health agency.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm doing my neighbor's 2005 2.5T. Her costs before taxes: .... belt $44, idler $65, tensioner $66, water pump $119 ... online, of course. All "Volvo" labelled. I also did the auxiliary belt and idler ... I went "aftermarket" on these ...Dayton/Advance Auto.

Now I am into the PCV system ... what a can of worms! In the process, I find the thermostat has totally disintegrated. Does it ever end?

Tip: If ordering on-line or across the counter, buy early the attaching bolts for the vibration damper. I ASSUMED that the flagship Volvo dealership in Atlanta would surely have these new bolts on the shelf. Nope! I was told: "... just reuse the old ones"....so they offered me some rounded-head old bolts. First class!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: Appointment set for Thur. with a loaner. Wooohooo!

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Can't see sig's on tapatalk.

If he's at 117k, then yeah do the water pump.

I've honestly never heard of a Volvo OE water pump failing. I have a friend who got 550k miles out of a 97 850 T5 and the water pump was original when the car was sold.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
does volvo use a plastic impeller water pump like BMW?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

Driving around with an xc60 today as a loaner car from the dealer. They are almost done with my xc90, they offered to do the tranny fluid for $265 but I declined. I can do that job for a lot less. They also offered to wash and vacuum the car. I said yes...lets see how much that one cost on top of the $675..ha!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Update:

Driving around with an xc60 today as a loaner car from the dealer. They are almost done with my xc90, they offered to do the tranny fluid for $265 but I declined. I can do that job for a lot less. They also offered to wash and vacuum the car. I said yes...lets see how much that one cost on top of the $675..ha!
I am sure the wash and vacuum was gratis.........:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts