SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Is that a new idler pulley?
If so there is often a sticker on the roller, did you remove any stickers?
In any case don't think there is much that can be wrong. If concerned just buff the residue off the pulley best you can with scotchbrite, engine off of course. You may have to crank it over by hand to get to all the surfaces.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that a new idler pulley?
If so there is often a sticker on the roller, did you remove any stickers?
In any case don't think there is much that can be wrong. If concerned just buff the residue off the pulley best you can with scotchbrite, engine off of course. You may have to crank it over by hand to get to all the surfaces.
There was no sticker. The more research I do I think I’m having trouble with the temp set on the tension pully

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, it does look a little on the tight side.
For some reason the tension pulley looks stressed to the right too. The tabs are typically centered over the engine nub.
Was that picture taken of it at room temperature?
Was it taken after you turned the engine by hand clockwise?
Does it return to the same spot after you tug and release on the t-belt between it and the exhaust cam?

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
Looking at that tab, it looks like it's just a hair to the right of "room temp".

How hot outside was it?

I think I put mine square in the middle when it was spring-ish and it's been fine. Did you do the backwards/forwards rotation to tension it per Vida?

PS: I may be misremembering the process on account of alcohol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts