SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: Timing belt cover removal (sacrifice)

Start from the right, and take the spark plug cover off first. Then the rest is torx bolts/screws in the front, and tabs in the back. Someone correct me if wrong. I don't think you can take it off without taking the OTE pipe off.

·
6,436 Posts
Re: Timing belt cover removal (sacrifice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>sacrifice</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do I remove my timing belt cover?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I'm assuming you're talking about the vertical cover which covers the cams gears. <br>There's a bolt on the side; it's hard to get to it but it does come off. <br>Taking the top part only will only expose the coils/plugs.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Timing belt cover removal (tomedkaz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tomedkaz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm assuming you're talking about the vertical cover which covers the cams gears. <br>There's a bolt on the side; it's hard to get to it but it does come off. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>IIRC it's a 10mm.<p><br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tomedkaz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Taking the top part only will only expose the coils/plugs. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>IIRC the cam gear cover slides into the top cover. You may be able to take one out without the other, but you may also break the tabs. Worst comes to worst, just take them both out.<p>

·
Registered
658 Posts
Top cover, remove ote pipe, remove spark plug covers, I removed strut brace for more room. Then there's a 10mm bolt going in the side of the cover. Almost impossible to see, but put your finger down there, you'll feel the hole. Remove that bolt then the cover slides up and off.<p>Lower cover remove crankshaft pulley and serp belt, then IIRC it's just locking tabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts