SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When new, my 04.5 S40 would turn off the recirculation after a very short amount of time. This was by design,and is mentioned in the owner's manual.<p>I've noticed after one of the software updates, it no longer does this.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: Timer function for recirculation (bpwrightwv)

Have you checked the recirc timer in the console Climate Settings? Sometimes, preferences are reset after updates.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Timer function for recirculation (tmtalpey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tmtalpey</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you checked the recirc timer in the console Climate Settings? Sometimes, preferences are reset after updates.<p>Tom.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I wasn't aware it was a setting. It has been disabled. thanks<p>btw..I've also noticed that when I hit the lock button, the lights always flash to acknowledge. Before one of the updates, it only flashed the first time I locked the car. Just an observation.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: Timer function for recirculation (bpwrightwv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>bpwrightwv</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw..I've also noticed that when I hit the lock button, the lights always flash to acknowledge. Before one of the updates, it only flashed the first time I locked the car. Just an observation.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>There's a setting for that too no? Or do you mean if the alarm is already set, if you hit the lock button again the light wouldn't use to flash?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a setting for having the lights blink or not.<br>Before my update, the lights would only blink to confirm the first time I pressed the lock button. I could press it again and again, but the lights wouldn't flash except for the first time. Now, they flash everytime I hit the lock button.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: (bpwrightwv)

That's a good thing, right? If you aren't sure, you can hit the button, and receive a confirmation each time.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (tmtalpey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tmtalpey</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's a good thing, right? If you aren't sure, you can hit the button, and receive a confirmation each time.<p>Tom.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>yes, I was making a passing comment of something that had been changed with an update.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (bpwrightwv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>bpwrightwv</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is a setting for having the lights blink or not.<br>Before my update, the lights would only blink to confirm the first time I pressed the lock button. I could press it again and again, but the lights wouldn't flash except for the first time. Now, they flash everytime I hit the lock button. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Heh, I wonder what update that was. I'd love it if mine flashed every time.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (mullmann)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mullmann</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heh, I wonder what update that was. I'd love it if mine flashed every time.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I can't remember. I know I had one for the transmission and the one for the CD/radio locking up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts