SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks brakes on my 02 V70 have gotten really bad. I looked them over today and looks like I need pads and rotors on all 4s. I figure now would be a good time to upgrade.

Right now I am looking to do XC90 3.2 fronts and XC90 rears. I understand rears on XC90 are same on all models. Right?

What all do I need to snag from the wreckers for this swap?

For 3.2 fronts is it straight bolt up or do I need different bolts and drilling out the brackets?

What about rears and parking brakes? Do I need XC90 parking brake setup?

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
You need to drill the spindle to 14mm. The 328mm brakes need a m14x60 bolt plus drilling out the steering stop.

Rears you need the brake dust backers. Parking brake shoes are same all p2 cars so once you’ve got the right back in plates and e brake set up it just bolts on.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to drill the spindle to 14mm. The 328mm brakes need a m14x60 bolt plus drilling out the steering stop.

Rears you need the brake dust backers. Parking brake shoes are same all p2 cars so once you’ve got the right back in plates and e brake set up it just bolts on.
Ok thanks. Does XC90 have m14x60 bolt or that needs to come from a third party?

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Ok thanks. Does XC90 have m14x60 bolt or that needs to come from a third party?
Stock is shorter. XC90 don’t have steering limiters. Can get from Volvo

·
Registered
2005 xc70
9 Posts
do these instructions work with my 2005 xc70? I replaced the 16 inch wheels today with 18's and will upgrade the brakes soon. Thanks

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Can run without stops depending on tire size. I’m referencing what’s factory for v/s cars with these brakes. JaredR has them and hasn’t had issues without limiters. My setup came from a 05 t5 that had them so I used them.

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
^ I deleted my steering stops and all that happened is my turning circle improved slightly. 235/40/18 tires.

Would highly recommend upgrading; my 316s are night and day from the 305s.

·
Registered
04 XC70
117 Posts
^ I deleted my steering stops and all that happened is my turning circle improved slightly. 235/40/18 tires.

Would highly recommend upgrading; my 316s are night and day from the 305s.
What brakes did 316s come on and will they fit under stock 04 xc70 16in wheels?

·
Registered
139 Posts
What brakes did 316s come on and will they fit under stock 04 xc70 16in wheels?
T5's I think, and they probably need 17" wheels, but maybe someone else knows for sure.
Corrected by Antherzoll, see below

Do I have to swap to XC90 flex hoses or do stock ones work?
Stock ones work

·
Registered
289 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts