SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend stopped by the dealer last Saturday to get her oil changed (2001 S40 lease) since the car has 7,500. The service advisor told her she needed the 7,500 mi. service since they won't clear the service indicator if she got the lesser oil change. Is this a rip or what? She ended up leaving since they couldn't get her in anyway. <P>On my 96 SAAB, the "Time for Service" message goes away after eight startups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a good point. I just took my S40 in today for the 7500 mile service, we took it to Swedish Solution, an authorized Volvo, Saab, VW, repair shop. They were less than half the price of the dealer. I didn't think to check for the service light, I'll have to look tomorrow morning.<P>

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's awful that your dealer won't do what you instruct them to do. I would recommend looking for a new dealer that's more friendly.<P>I don't remember what the 7500 mile service was (I've been doing them myself for the most part), but all you really need to do is change oil and check fluids for the first one. <P>I do recommend going to the dealer for oil change or do it yourself. Those quickie oil change places won't have the tool or the time to properly remove and retorque the oil filter cover, add a new seal, and change the oil plug washer. Not really TOO big of a deal, but I like it done right.<P>And as for turning off the service light - insert key in ignition, hold the trip reset button down, turn the ignition to the first position, release the trip reset button after the service light blinks twice, and then turn the car off. I got that tip from the board some time back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good points, Joe. I did check and the light is off, which I assumed it would be. The only things they did were change the oil and filter, and rotate the tires. They also checked the fluids and topped off the washer fluid. The oil change, filter, and washer for the drain plug were $35.00 and the tire rotation and balancing was $14.00. Plus, the service was <B>very</B> attentive and courteous. That alone means they have my business.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts