SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MY06 R is 1 year old today. I have just put her onto 8400km (+/- 5000 miles) and when I started her up to come home the display showed the yellow triangle and the message time for regular service. Does anybody know, is this a time based service or does the R have an oil quality sensor. I picked the car up in April with 2500 miles, checked my service book and found out the car was delivered to Volvo SA as unit for display on the 3rd of August 2005, hence the low mileage. Anybody know how this service reminder is thrown up?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Time for Regular Service (CyberRacer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CyberRacer</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My MY06 R is 1 year old today. I have just put her onto 8400km (+/- 5000 miles) and when I started her up to come home the display showed the yellow triangle and the message time for regular service. Does anybody know, is this a time based service or does the R have an oil quality sensor. I picked the car up in April with 2500 miles, checked my service book and found out the car was delivered to Volvo SA as unit for display on the 3rd of August 2005, hence the low mileage. Anybody know how this service reminder is thrown up?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>someone forgot to reset the service indicator when you take your car down the dealer for oil change.<p>time is a factor too...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Time for Regular Service (stevectsai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>stevectsai</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p><B>someone forgot to reset the service indicator</B> when you take your car down the dealer for oil change.<br>...</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Maybe but this is for time (1 year)

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CyberRacer</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My MY06 R is 1 year old today. I have just put her onto 8400km (+/- 5000 miles) and when I started her up to come home the display showed the yellow triangle and the message time for regular service. Does anybody know, is this a time based service or does the R have an oil quality sensor. I picked the car up in April with 2500 miles, checked my service book and found out the car was delivered to Volvo SA as unit for display on the 3rd of August 2005, hence the low mileage. Anybody know how this service reminder is thrown up?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I got my oil changed at 31,000 miles at a Volvo dealer (I had the 30,000 mile service done at 28,800 as we were going on a trip). I now have just under 41,000 miles on the car and have yet to see a light. Should it be coming up soon? Most of the miles are highway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Time for Regular Service (needsdecaf)

I was gonna get the oil changed anyway. Here in South Africa our service intervals are avery 20 000km. I wont do more than 10 000km without an oil change. Was just wondering if the R's had a sensor that measures oil quality and the oil level. Not that the level is important as I check once a week on a Sunday morning when I wash the car before I fire her up.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Time for Regular Service (lowbumpeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>lowbumpeR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the light will come on after 7,500 miles or one year</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Apparently my car does not like your rule since it's gone 10,000 with no light:<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>needsdecaf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>I got my oil changed at 31,000 miles at a Volvo dealer (I had the 30,000 mile service done at 28,800 as we were going on a trip). I now have just under 41,000 miles on the car and have yet to see a light. Should it be coming up soon? Most of the miles are highway. </TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
375 Posts

it definitely should have. regardless of how the car was driven..it doesnt test oil quality

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>needsdecaf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Apparently my car does not like your rule since it's gone 10,000 with no light:<p></TD></TR></TABLE><br>It should have, that's the preset, but it CAN be changed to a longer interval <br>(Thru VIDA).<br>Perhaps yours had been already changed?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Time for Regular Service (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>It should have, that's the preset, but it CAN be changed to a longer interval <br>(Thru VIDA).<br>Perhaps yours had been already changed?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>It's possible, I bought it used. I guess I could ask the dealer to check. I don't really care, since I change the oil every 3k-4k either. But interesting that it hasn't gone off.

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts

CyberRacer Does anybody know said:
<p>It is a mileage based system. (7500 miles)<p>There is a combination oil level and oil quality sensor in the sump, which you will see at the bottom of the pan. It is a TEMIC 25571463A1.<p>Only the level function is used in the US cars, which by the way the R is the only P2 car with a level sensor, and it displaces some sump volume which cause many to overfill the crankcase. <p>I believe Johann stated once that the QUALITY function may be active in Europe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts