SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our s60R has about 4300 miles on it and the message "Time for regular service" came on a couple days ago, and does so everytime I start the car. What does this mean, and shouldn't this come on closer to 7500 miles when the first service is supposed to be done? Could anything be wrong with the car that would make this message appear? Also, I had the oil changed and the tires rotated about a week ago; could this have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Time for regular service message (belongia)

The car goes off of the miles OR hours running. This looks like the "hours" kicked in 4 you. Same thing happened to me at 6100 miles

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Time for regular service message (MASH)

Mash,
I don't see how this could be due to "hours running" since up here in Northern Wisconsin we are lucky to not have any significant traffic to deal with and we don't let the car idle for any length of time for any reason either.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: Time for regular service message (belongia)

It's in your owners manual, there is also a calender month limit too. Looks like your dealer forgot to reset it when they did pdi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Time for regular service message (vintagemilano)

Thanks vintagemilano. It must be the month limit, since the car was built in Jan. of 05. I'm assuming, though, that the dealer won't do the regular service until about 7500 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts