SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Time for regular maintenance; code 045 , How do I fix this?

62K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  NEW2VOLVO2021 
#1 ·
I tried the procedure found on nearly every site, the most common one (Pos 1 - Hold down trip reset - Pos 2+10 seconds) seems to be working, my orange triangle flashes 5 times max. and I tried releasing the button after the first,2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, It always "work" except after 5th, which is normal. There's an audible beep, and the message goes away, until I put the car back on... There's 045 written in the message screen.

I've read some people saying it has something to do with the preset service interval, I read another guy saying that he had this message with "engine performance reduced" and he changed his boost solenoid and it did the trick. Is that code a real "trouble code" or is it really the interval setting... How in hell can I shutt off the message...! The car has cycled a couple of times, I am trying it everytime I get in the car, I just can't seem to get the message permanently off...!! 'WHATTTTT'SSS HAPPPEEENIIINGGG :eek:

#2 ·
Just to make sure that you got it right:
From this thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?75559

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-

The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

-Ignition position I

-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer

-Ignition position II.

Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.

-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.

Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.

-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded

-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.

Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

#3 · (Edited)
Yepp, that is exactly what I do, and everytime time I turn off and on the car, the message reappears. I tried a lot of times to do it... It works but only for that utilisation of the car... Could my DIM software be not "updated" as I have read in some guy's post somewhere... I have a Vida/Dice if you can pull the version # out with these things, maybe I could compare with someone?

#5 ·
Mine was a bit temperamental and none of the above worked. Here's what did:

-hold the odometer trip button with the car off
-turn to ignition position II until the yellow triangle flashes (this is what wasn't occurring with the other methods)
-once that flashes, turn the car off an viola!

Reactions: Fmr4eva
#7 ·
In the early history of my R ownership, I was trying to reset the service indicator on my 04, using the trip reset, key in position I and II and some mystery button as I inadvertently disabled the alarm. A full system shutdown cured that. Weird.

#8 ·
I've gotten the 045 code before when I didn't hold the trip reset button long enough in POS 2. If you only hold it for like 6-7 seconds and let go the yellow light blinks and the screen says 045. Gotta hold it until the yellow triangle gives a blink (a good 10 seconds usually), then reboot the car.