SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting tired of my custom made 3" straight pipe I think it's a little too loud SPECIALLY on cold starts.
So I was thinking about getting the IPD catback exhaust system, any thoughts on that? And do you guys recommend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
I highly recommend the IPD. Sounds great and very easy to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
another vote for the IPD its on the loud end but it sounds great. if you have a VR with a catless downpipe you will have some major drone but on a SR its not bad at all. I used to have the EST Sport, its a great sounding exhaust outside the car it just left me wanting a bit more in cabin but its more on the civil end with cold start and not waking up the neighborhood. I also had a full straight pipe from the turbo, yea its way too loud and droney but at WOT it sounds sooooo good but for a daily its a headache.

some videos i made. mines the Borla XR-1 setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rVrmWYAW0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQo5jR83Lc

·
Registered
829 Posts
Add another for the IPD cat-back. Fit and finish are very good and I absolutely love mine, but with the stock downpipe I think its a little more quiet than the guys with an box downpipe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
+1 for IPD's. I have it w/ their DP and both work perfect for me. I personally don't hear it as being too loud although I was afraid about it initially. Did a NYC-Chicago roundtrip and it was perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
+1 for IPD's. I have it w/ their DP and both work perfect for me. I personally don't hear it as being too loud although I was afraid about it initially. Did a NYC-Chicago roundtrip and it was perfectly fine.
I've heard it with a catless and catted downpipe and its def toned down a bit with the cat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I must have had a slight leak with the stock DP as was much louder before I but the IPD one on. Cool to hear the turbo spool up

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered the ipd cat back I already have the 3" catless downpipe
Yeah I'm pretty sure it would be little more quiet than the damn straight pipe I have on the car now.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
IPD is loud. I have it and love it. I have a catless 3 inch dp as well and that just makes it pretty loud.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IPD is loud. I have it and love it. I have a catless 3 inch dp as well and that just makes it pretty loud.
That's a beautiful thing and believe it's not gonna be as loud as the one I have on my car right now I will make a video of it and show you guys

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
IPD all day, every day.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That doesn't sound too good.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you know someone who welds, or know of a good custom shop near you, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying all the oval pipe yourself and save money.

I plan on building my own exhaust when I decide to upgrade. Oval pipe stainless steel in 5 ft sections is only $150, you can also buy pre-bent secitons. . . why anyone who has means to make their own and save money WOULDN'T make their own is beyond me.

$1,000 for a cat back exhaust?! You guys are high on some good sh*t.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you know someone who welds, or know of a good custom shop near you, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying all the oval pipe yourself and save money.

I plan on building my own exhaust when I decide to upgrade. Oval pipe stainless steel in 5 ft sections is only $150, you can also buy pre-bent secitons. . . why anyone who has means to make their own and save money WOULDN'T make their own is beyond me.

$1,000 for a cat back exhaust?! You guys are high on some good sh*t.
I custom made the whole exhaust system I have on my car now it's kinda hard to get a muffler on that when you do it yourself so I straight pipped it now a year later I'm sick of how loud it is and I feel like I lost some torque after doing that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts