SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was swapping the Hakk. snow tires for my summer Yokos, and doing my customary inspection of all drivetrain components yesterday (aside: and then, of course, it snowed...) and noticed the front pads were just about spent, and the rotors are done for now as well. So, I checked around, and the hot ticket is the Power Slot rotors, accompanied by BPR pads. Does anyone reccommend a different setup? Also, any chance folks are using s/s braided lines?<P>Lastly, are there any tricks to swapping rotors on the 850? I imagine these are very straight-forward.<P>Thx for any help! I really appreciate all the helpful replies to the questions I've had.<P>/Scott<P>

·
Registered
217 Posts
I recomend the steel flex lines, wicked pedal feel, and they look good to. A front brake job is not hard on these cars, just check to see if your calipers are still free before you take things apart, squeeze the piston back with a set of large channel lock pliers. Other than that no problem if you feel good about doing your own brakes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I reccomend stock rotors and pads. My 97 R had IPD aftermkt pads/rotors and all they did was sqeeeeEEEEEEk. I put on OEM pads and it's so nice and quiet now.....<P>FWIW I think the car stops good enough with this setup... you don't need more.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
850R, I think I'd want the Power Slot rotors b/c I've heard lots of owners talking about warped rotors. Nobody seems to get warped rotors w/ the slotted variety. I've heard both camps regarding the pads, and I think you're right, the OE pads would be quieter.<P>thx,<P>scott

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you can afford it, go for the AP big brake kit as discussed at length in our Performance Section forum in the club website.<BR>When another club member had them fitted I tried them out, and they're bloody marvellous!<BR>Go to <A HREF="http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/w01-0090/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi" TARGET=_blank>http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/w01-0090/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi</A> <BR>and have a look.<BR>

·
Registered
22 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by javadoc:<BR><B>850R, I think I'd want the Power Slot rotors b/c I've heard lots of owners talking about warped rotors. Nobody seems to get warped rotors w/ the slotted variety. I've heard both camps regarding the pads, and I think you're right, the OE pads would be quieter.<P>thx,<P>Hi ya,<P>I run with slots on mine and used to have aftermarket pads by the same manufacture. But rattled like hell in the caliper. I wnt back to oem and indeed everything went quiet.<P>The downside is due to the tappering on the pads there is less friction surface and so the brakes fell soft incomparison, so be warned if you like braking late.....<P>mark in leeds/uk.<P><BR>scott</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts