SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was swapping the Hakk. snow tires for my summer Yokos, and doing my customary inspection of all drivetrain components yesterday (aside: and then, of course, it snowed...) and noticed the front pads were just about spent, and the rotors are done for now as well. So, I checked around, and the hot ticket is the Power Slot rotors, accompanied by BPR pads. Does anyone reccommend a different setup? Also, any chance folks are using s/s braided lines?

Lastly, are there any tricks to swapping rotors on the 850? I imagine these are very straight-forward.

Thx for any help! I really appreciate all the helpful replies to the questions I've had.

/Scott

·
Registered
217 Posts
I recomend the steel flex lines, wicked pedal feel, and they look good to. A front brake job is not hard on these cars, just check to see if your calipers are still free before you take things apart, squeeze the piston back with a set of large channel lock pliers. Other than that no problem if you feel good about doing your own brakes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I reccomend stock rotors and pads. My 97 R had IPD aftermkt pads/rotors and all they did was sqeeeeEEEEEEk. I put on OEM pads and it's so nice and quiet now.....

FWIW I think the car stops good enough with this setup... you don't need more.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
850R, I think I'd want the Power Slot rotors b/c I've heard lots of owners talking about warped rotors. Nobody seems to get warped rotors w/ the slotted variety. I've heard both camps regarding the pads, and I think you're right, the OE pads would be quieter.

thx,

scott

·
Registered
22 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by javadoc:
850R, I think I'd want the Power Slot rotors b/c I've heard lots of owners talking about warped rotors. Nobody seems to get warped rotors w/ the slotted variety. I've heard both camps regarding the pads, and I think you're right, the OE pads would be quieter.

thx,

Hi ya,

I run with slots on mine and used to have aftermarket pads by the same manufacture. But rattled like hell in the caliper. I wnt back to oem and indeed everything went quiet.

The downside is due to the tappering on the pads there is less friction surface and so the brakes fell soft incomparison, so be warned if you like braking late.....

mark in leeds/uk.

scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts