SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This is awesome, nice job on the research. I am always thinking about custom projects I'd like to do on this car (adjustable length rear LCAs, rear 2.5" coilovers spring adapter plates, etc.) But this is one of those things I never even thought about modifying nor did I know it was feasible. Pretty exciting. What kind of differences do you expect from the tilton master cylinder?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Great work!

Will this work with the OEM brake setup (assuming the clutch line connection is closed with something)?

Very interested in how it feels compared to stock. Please let us know.

What's so great about their slave cylinder? Why do they have two lines on it?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This is some sh1t for people who have nothing else to fix on their caR. I have too many other things I'm working on, all of which are trivial for y'all lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey where'd the details go? I saw in the build thread you said you had a separate thread on this so I came here. Figured you may have put it back into the build thread but I vaguely remember there being more detail than I can find....

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's been scrubbed clean! :eek:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Guessing the key parts are the Tilton cylinder and the 2nd gen F body angled firewall adaptor, and key fab is rerouting hoses and connecting the pushrod to the clutch pedal.

Have you driven it yet, to confirm the takeup and feel are better? I had a couple cars in the past that were much more precise than this one, to me its one of the make or break things about owning a manual.

How far off are you to putting together a kit, and would it truly be bolt on? I'm not opposed to doing some fab work but I have so little time to spend on cars these days. Had the car for a couple years now and haven't even gotten a chance to tend to certain maintenance yet (change radiator and hoses, finish up rear monotube retrofit--refresh brake fluid, trans fluid, angle gear, etc. have all the parts, just too little time). Of course it doesn't help that I keep it off site and almost never drive it....

anyways if you get to that point I'd appreciate a heads up in this thread if you could...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Guessing the key parts are the Tilton cylinder and the 2nd gen F body angled firewall adaptor, and key fab is rerouting hoses and connecting the pushrod to the clutch pedal.

Have you driven it yet, to confirm the takeup and feel are better? I had a couple cars in the past that were much more precise than this one, to me its one of the make or break things about owning a manual.

How far off are you to putting together a kit, and would it truly be bolt on? I'm not opposed to doing some fab work but I have so little time to spend on cars these days. Had the car for a couple years now and haven't even gotten a chance to tend to certain maintenance yet (change radiator and hoses, finish up rear monotube retrofit--refresh brake fluid, trans fluid, angle gear, etc. have all the parts, just too little time). Of course it doesn't help that I keep it off site and almost never drive it....

anyways if you get to that point I'd appreciate a heads up in this thread if you could...
Honestly the hardest part was finding a new line with a fitting for the stock slave. Ended up having to be custom made.

Yes and the pedal feel is more firm, no slop, quicker and lower engagement. With my stock MC, Spec clutch and SMF the car would jerk bad if I didn't give it a lot of throttle from a stop. On an incline was enough to make me mad. Completely gone now.

To be completely bolt on I just have to fab or find a pushrod to work with the stock pedal. I modified my pedal and was a pita. But besides that I can make a kit whenever. No one has really hmu seriously about it.
I wouldn't be opposed to working with someone with a more stock caR either; make sure fitment and feel don't need to be tweaked.

I am also running the Tilton flow control valve. I can make the kit with or without it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts