SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have the day off and I had full intentions of giving the Blue Brick a FULL detail today. But, my dad called and wanted to know if I wanted to go see Grienke pitch, so I dumped the full detail idea. But, since I was motivated and in the detail mood, I decided to put a quick coat of Zaino AIO on it, then a layer of Z8 and call it good. Came out pretty good considering from the time I plugged in the 7424 until I put it back in the box and on the shelf was exactly one hour!! Here you go.

Had a couple of older ladies walk by and say, "Holy cow, that's a shiny and BLUE Volvo!" I think her name was Capt. Obvious! ;D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Thursday Morning Quickie (Husker Z)

Mmmmmmm Sonic http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
589 Posts

Sure looks sharp Husker! And you all are spoiled out there not being forced to put a stupid license plate on the nose http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thursday Morning Quickie (boriman)

Quote, originally posted by boriman »
what's up with yout fogs?

What fogs??

No, I recently had the driver's side just fall out as I was driving. Well, I ordered another one from myswedishparts.com and it came in clear and I needed fluted, so I went ahead and ordered another one, because I liked the clear. I have both fogs in now, but I'm waiting on my HID's from sharphid.com to put everything back together.

Yeah, Scott, I love not having the front plate, I just wish the person before me didn't have to. Oh well, the bumper plugs work great and match perfect.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Garnetmica)

Quote, originally posted by Garnetmica »
Gotta love Zaino!! Looks great man, love the Sonic!

Once you figure out the Zaino, it's unreal, I use it on everything.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've been hooked on Zaino for 8-9 years now and it's my favorite product. I use Griots carnuba on my '08 Malibu and my wife's '07 Liberty. The Griots carnuba seems to be a bit deeper and less silvery, but not anywhere near as reflective.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Garnetmica)

Quote, originally posted by Garnetmica »
I've been hooked on Zaino for 8-9 years now and it's my favorite product. I use Griots carnuba on my '08 Malibu and my wife's '07 Liberty. The Griots carnuba seems to be a bit deeper and less silvery, but not anywhere near as reflective.

I would agree. Zaino is not the easiest product to use, but once you figure out that less is more, even to the extreme, it's awesome and you won't find a deeper gloss out there. I have all my stuff lined up to do my full detail from clay bar on up to 4-5 coats of Z2, but I just need to find that time.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

Hey Zack, the Blue Brick is looking pretty good - need to hang a FMIC and retain that ~20 hp over the summer.

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Husker Z »
Well, I have the day off and I had full intentions of giving the Blue Brick a FULL detail today. But, my dad called and wanted to know if I wanted to go see Grienke pitch, so I dumped the full detail idea.

The R looks fabulous! I'm going to get some Zaino.

Too bad Greinke only lasted 6 before getting yanked!

I heard tape of George Brett going off on the sports-talk yakkers that criticized Hillman for pulling Greinke.

·
Registered
74 Posts

That looks AWESOME...you just pushed me over the edge for my Friday off. The lawn can wait - breaking out the buckets and microfiber now...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Thursday Morning Quickie (ZenZone)

Quote, originally posted by ZenZone »

Hey Zack, the Blue Brick is looking pretty good - need to hang a FMIC and retain that ~20 hp over the summer.

Man, I would love to do that and the minute I get my oldest out of daycare, that is going to be my first major mod. Damn kids and daycare just deplete my finances constantly!

Steve, Greinke was not his usual dominant self yesterday that we've been accustomed to. He still went 6 innings and struck out 7, walked 1 and left with a 3-2 lead, but he wasn't near as sharp as normal. He wasn't yanked because he was in trouble, he was yanked due to pitch count. The Indians did a good job of working him and going deep into the count.

The Brett rant was actually earlier in the week and he went off on the local media for being hard on Hillman a few times this year. It was a riot man, Brett gets a free pass in this town. Any other local athlete goes on TV drunk and goes off on a profanity laced tirade, people would be all up in arms. Not Brett, everyone just agrees with him and laughs it off.

You want a funny clip of Brett, go here.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Thursday Morning Quickie (cadeca8)

Quote, originally posted by cadeca8 »
That looks AWESOME...you just pushed me over the edge for my Friday off. The lawn can wait - breaking out the buckets and microfiber now...

Good deal man, be sure to post the results, I love looking at shiny R's.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Had never heard of Zaino, will have to look into it. Are there any Meguiars products that others have used that give similar results? These I can buy at my local auto parts store.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Re: (TWMn)

That sonic is way too clean, take it to the racetrack and get some debris chips and scratches in it like mine! Haha.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Re: (TWMn)

Quote, originally posted by TWMn »
Had never heard of Zaino, will have to look into it. Are there any Meguiars products that others have used that give similar results? These I can buy at my local auto parts store.

If you're looking to buy local, as opposed to the internet, I would recommend hitting a Harley-Davidson store for S100. It is the exact same formula carnuba as P21S. Very easy to work with, great wet shine. However, with such a high carnuba content, it will cover for only about a month. The upside is, if your finish is prepared, it's easy on and off, 30 minutes for the car.

The Zaino is great stuff, especially if you have the 3-4 hours to wash, clay, wash, polish, seal x2 (with the accelerator). Doing so will give you an assured 5 months of water beading and easy wash. It's about a $100 buy in for the essential stuff. Skip the car wash; you can do the same thing with the Meguiar's Gold gallon available at Target for $5.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (pktojd)

Quote, originally posted by pktojd »

YOur car looks great, though it's not what I expected to see pictures of when I opened the thread.

Yeah, that's about the only quickie I've had for a while. Two kids under 5 years old keeps me and the mrs. running all the time. So, I settle for whatever quickie I can get I guess.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.