SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

Yesterday when I went to pull out of my driveway, the CEL came on and the car went into Limp mode.

The code is P1235, throttle Position Sensor

I unhooked the ground from the battery and after reconnecting it and turning the car on - the CEL and Code is gone, and the car is working fine.

I drove it to work this morning with no issue (about 20 miles) and on my way back from to work from lunch today, it did the same thing.

Any input on where to maybe start diagnosing? I was thinking potentially fuel pump - but i'm not sure

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
P1235 is not TPS

P1235 = Fuel pump control out of range

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
TPS was the code my generic reader gave me - Looking into the ford/volvo database, you are right Dr. Brutal
And that's why you were probably confused when I said you might have a bad fuel pump and/or related parts in a text.. lol

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
looks like people aren't very helpful lol

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Seriously? nobody?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does your generic OBDII code reader have the ability to read measured values at the engine control module? I have a LAUNCH cReaderV, and I can monitor and graph my fuel pressure, I just tried it.

I would hazard a guess that your pump is on it's way out, perhaps low fuel pressure causes this fault to register. How many miles are on your car? Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to replace your fuel filter. Might be a simple fix. Just my two cents. A clogged fuel filter may throw that code.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to replace your fuel filter. Might be a simple fix. Just my two cents. A clogged fuel filter may throw that code.
It takes about 5 minutes to change, and you will smell like gas all day :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Why not just try cleaning it first? It's a much cheaper option...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sometimes you run out of options and support - it was barely driveable limping it to the dealer. They're not even sure that this is going to fix the problem, but I wasn't getting really much guidance on here from the community.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the got the fault to finally show up. They have to replace the throttle position sensor and connectors. $1200.
Im going to go kill myself now.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm sorry... Did you say 1200$? lol. ask them to get 20% off on the parts since it's such an expensive repair.. Tell them you will go to volvo of lisle since they will give you 20% off.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
I think he mis-typed it. P2135 is TPS, not 1235.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts