SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been several complaints with Volvo's Electronic Throttle but I have been dealing with an issue since I purchased my CPO volvo 6 months ago. The problem seems to occur at low speeds (25 mph or lower) when I let of the gas then press it again it catches with a jerk (the volvo dealer called it a "fish bite"). Is the tranny going into neutral than back into gear? It has been back to the dealer twice for this problem and so far they have upgraded the tranny software, changed the fluid and fixed a cracked motor mount. I just got it back and the problem is exactly the same. I hate to send it in again if this is typical of S60 throttle response. It can be very annoying in stop and go traffic for a long time. The jerk can be pretty harsh sometimes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Throttle response ruff? (ncS60)

This is the transmission. Have your dealer remove the "stop neutral" software feature.
If it continues it is a shot valve body but I think 95% the problem is in the stop neutral, remove it

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will this void the warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure hope so.....Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the actual term for the software?

I called and made an appt. for them to look at it again and asked them to go 25mph or less and let of the gas completely and then press the pedal. This always creates a jerk on the drivetrain......hopefully they can replicate the problem.

I told them to look at removing the stop neutral software and they didn't know what I was talking about?

Thanks....

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (ncS60)

ncS60 said:
I told them to look at removing the stop neutral software and they didn't know what I was talking about?

QUOTE]
Tell them (in any way you choose fit) to get their heads out of their collective asses. This (removal of the SN feature ) software has been around for about 3 years now.
If they continue to have their heads up the asses email me and I'll get the software PN for you

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Help and the link! I will give them a call and ask them to look at the "AW55 Neutral Control Function" and see if that will help. The car is under warranty, so hopefully if they disable that feature they won't charge me.

I am taking it in on Friday, so I will let you know how turns out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: (ncS60)

What year is your S60? I have the same issue on my car, a 2002 and the dealers apparently can't find anything wrong. They've removed the stop/neutral and updated with the latest ECU & TCM software, but still have that "fish bite".. Please let us know if you get it solved!

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll let you know if it gets solved (which I am about to give up on, after 3 times back to the dealer).

Atleast my dealer has (to this point) had great customer service.

By the way, how does your car run with the stop/neutral removed. Does it seem to run better/smoother and has it hurt your gas mileage any?

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They couldn't get the problem to duplicate....I even tried riding with the tech. and the car was perfect? Go figure...

As for the Stop Neutral software. The service manager said that Volvo stopped using this feature in 02, so my car would not have installed.

I guess I am going to have to get used to the weird throttle responses of a confused transmission....

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts