SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere on here that sometimes the wires that run from the throttle body back into the ECU box go faulty and are misdiagnosed as a bad throttle body. I'm about to replace a (probably) faulty throttle body so I ordered a new wiring connector, as it was only about thirty bucks. However, messing with these wires isn't something I'm totally comfortable trying to figure out on my own. Anyone replaced these before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Replace the ETM before you mess with the wiring...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The wires that go into the etm connector itself are usually the ones people replace, so check those before you replace the ETM, since those aren't cheap. I had my etm be diagnosed as faulty, and even with a new one the car will act like it is bad again, and then act totally normal when I reset the battery. It is intermittent so I suspect it is the wiring

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought both parts already. How exactly do I replace those wires? I traced them back to the ECU box. Do I have to remove the ECU?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done all this. I need to know how to change the wiring.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I understand correctly, I just have to cut the wires of the old connector and splice in the new wires and connector?
Just cut a few inches down from the connector and splice in the new one? That sounds a hell of a lot easier than having to route them all the way back to the ECU. Just gotta remember to number each wire before cutting! Thank you, this helps me immensely

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Post revival.

Having similar issues. Cleaned my ETM, cleaned connectors and added Stabillant-22 on connectors for ECU and ETM. Thinking I may need to replace the connector to the ETM. How hard is this?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nevermind. It appears the actual fix is to solder a new connector. But the clean and cover with Stabillant -22 may have done the trick. Drove it around and no issues yet.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
So, I replaced the wiring connector by soldering the wires. Problem solved.

Edit: problem is still there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts