SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i said in a different thread that i would get back to you guys after i had my ball joints replaced due to factory recall. unfortunatly, it did not fix the front end clunking noise on my 99 S80. However, i did learn the cause of the sound. lower control arm (a.k.a "A" arm) bushings are shot on both sides, as well as i have a cracked tie rod end on the driver's side. i was able to speak with one of the technicians (sp?) and he said that about 80% of the 99 s80's that he gets in for suspension work have this same problems. he also said that the shock... "bushings" (i guess thats what they are) are prone to going out at about 60,000 miles. that also could be making the noise. but now my A.C. always works due to a cooling fan recall, and my stupid "service airbag" light went off cause they updated the software as one of the recalls. they said its going to be around $1000 to fix the bushings, align the wheels, and replace the tie rod. but the other stuff was free so that was cool.<br>just thought id let you guys know so you might have a better idea of whats going on with your car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts