1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
247 Posts
The only thing that seems weird is that they reprogramed the ecu 3 different times? Maybe it was updates im not sure. I would ask about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I am seeing three extraneous service visits - dead battery in March 2016, the visit two weeks after the first service in April 2017, and brakes/spark plugs in May 2018, so really nothing I'd be worried about. I would probably ask to see the service records to see exactly what was done. The ECU reprogram thing is probably more just a general category from a menu when whomever is inputting into Carfax. For example, the battery replacement requires the battery monitoring system to be re-set, which is noted as the same ECU reprogram item.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I looked at a similar MY16 but decided to pass on it due to the blond carpeting. I love the blond interior, ended up buying a new MY19 with it. But 17s and after the blond interior has black carpeting. The light leather is very easy to clean, light carpeting not so much...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This may sound silly but I don't think ACC/PA was standard on the XC90, not even the Inscription in 2016. I'd make sure that it has it before I bought it. It may be going a little slow because the blond interior may be difficult to keep clean, especially the blond carpet.

https://www.volvocarswalnutcreek.co...lvo-XC90-221a544c0a0e0a172d884e2582f67117.htm

Good luck!
I looked at a similar MY16 but decided to pass on it due to the blond carpeting. I love the blond interior, ended up buying a new MY19 with it. But 17s and after the blond interior has black carpeting. The light leather is very easy to clean, light carpeting not so much...
Great input. Thanks

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
No B&W audio system. Also, it seems like people are getting 12% or more off new ones with probably lower financing rates. Also, this is a 2016 and some folks think that the bugs were worked out on 2017 and newer.....just playing devils advocate as requested! Its a beautiful car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
No B&W audio system. Also, it seems like people are getting 12% or more off new ones with probably lower financing rates. Also, this is a 2016 and some folks think that the bugs were worked out on 2017 and newer.....just playing devils advocate as requested! Its a beautiful car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, I would look for a 2018 +. I have had more than one dealer tell me to avoid the 2016s fwiw

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't see the front middle parking sensors in the pictures. I see 4 sensors on the rear but only 2 in the front. 1 each, near the right and left of the car. Were the front middle sensors placed somewhere else?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I don't see the front middle parking sensors in the pictures. I see 4 sensors on the rear but only 2 in the front. 1 each, near the right and left of the car. Were the front middle sensors placed somewhere else?
They are there; hard to see but they are located at the bottom of each corner of the from radiator screen.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is it normal for service visits to show on Carfax? I've had my car in multiple times under warranty (small and big things), I'm wondering if the next potential owner will look at this and think they're buying a lemon.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Is it normal for service visits to show on Carfax? I've had my car in multiple times under warranty (small and big things), I'm wondering if the next potential owner will look at this and think they're buying a lemon.
That would be an unfortunate assumption by a prospective buyer. My semi-annual tire swaps with a Total Software Update are reported in CarFax. Plus, I am proactive before I take a long trip in terms of term.

It appears that the prior owner was not a techno aficionado like some of us. Seven visits over the course of 2 + years isn't an issue (to me).

BTW, the blonde interior and blonde carpet is just fine. One does need to keep it clean since it can show more (and may get more attention) if it is not maintained but that goes with any interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
413 Posts
Some dealers report to Carfax, some don't. Some report every visit to Carfax, some don't!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I did a CarFax on my MY16 XC90. Some of the terms and classifications used in the CarFax report are so generic and broad that they can be misleading.

A routine Total Software Update or Service Update will generate an action that says “Engine/Powertrain / Computer / Module reprogrammed.”

That description seems over-broad and more concerning to a second buyer than it should be. Would “Routine (or Non-Routine) Software Update” be a better classification?

CarFax is a good start for a conversation with the previous owner but it is not the end all.

To OP, I don’t see anything concerning on the CarFax. My suggestions are to have the latest software updates installed and talk with the previous owner if possible. I would not be concerned about a MY16 but I would be diligent which is what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts