SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few thoughts on the debate tonight and I will try to be unbiased.<p>John McCain:<p>-had way too much makeup on; he was obviously trying to hide his age<br>-seemed nervous and seemed to lack a little confidence<br>-did a good job of sticking to his points about pork barrel projects, but I think most people will realize that 932 million has nothing on Palin's projects<br>-Cindy's dress was way too red<p>Barack Obama:<p>-came off as being supremely confident, but I'm afraid he bordered on arrogant <br>-looked much more comfortable on the stage and had hardly any makeup on<br>-should have made much more mention about the cost of Iraq<br>- Michelle appeared much more down to earth and was much less flashy than Cindy<p>All in all I think Obama will get a 2 point national bump from this debate and McCain will take a 1 point hit.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the Oxford Debate (waccamatt)

Foreign Policy was supposed to be John McCain's strong suit. So a "tie" is a win for Obama. <p>I thought McCain came across as an angry old man sometimes. He also refused to talk to or look at Obama, despite Jim Lehrer's efforts. I just wish I still believed anything McCain said, he has compromised himself so much in order to placate his Christian Conservative base (e.g. Paisley, Hagee, Liberty University, Palin? OMG), I just don't trust him. I used to be a huge fan in 2000.<p>I think Obama nailed him when McCain brought of the women giving him a bracelet asking him to not let her son's death be in vain. Obama stated he also had a bracelet from a Mother in Wisconsin who asked him to not let another mother suffer the loss of her son. Damn, that was good. <p>Obama tried to interact more with McCain, so credit to him for that. <p>Obama missed a GOLDEN opportunity to embarass McCain, when he tried attacking Obama about Iran's "Republican" Guard. <p>Iran doesn't have a "Republican" Guard, Iraq did. Iran has a <B>Revolutionary</B> Guard. That could have been "the moment", if Obama showed how McCain can't distinguish between Iran and Iraq, Sunni and Shia. You could give McCain a pass on something like this, if he wasn't so arrogant and condescending toward Obama about his "experience". <p>Early poll of 532 viewers gave a win to Obama, which is very BAD for McCain, after his fiascos this week and this supposedly being his strong suit, he needed to hit one out of the park. I think America saw Obama look and sound VERY presidential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts