SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, for those who have replaced their stock R exhaust with an aftermarket one, which do you guys think is the best? (best performance gain, deepest sound without sounding ricey, ease in installation, price)?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the best aftermarket exhaust? (Red60R)

just go to a exaust shop and get one built with a dp. im planning on doing a 3inch exaust into a magnaflow muffler. hopefully it will be slightly louder than stock but at WOT it will sound much better.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the best aftermarket exhaust? (p0cket penguins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>p0cket penguins</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just go to a exaust shop and get one built with a dp. im planning on doing a 3inch exaust into a magnaflow muffler. hopefully it will be slightly louder than stock but at WOT it will sound much better. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>YES!!!!!!!!!!<p>oh, how I wish I had gone this route in the begining! What a difference and the best part is it fits. Mine is 3.5" back but I think this is less than necesary for most applications. This will be less investment and if you are looking for the single larger diameter this is the way to go.<p>For the DP it may make sence to just buy one since fittment error will be VERY expensive and to make a DP is not always financialy advantageous.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the best aftermarket exhaust? (p0cket penguins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>p0cket penguins</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just go to a exaust shop and get one built with a dp. im planning on doing a 3inch exaust into a magnaflow muffler. hopefully it will be slightly louder than stock but at WOT it will sound much better. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>definitely get a custom job done. it will be taylored to your liking and 9 times out of 10, MUCH cheaper.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the best aftermarket exhaust? (phuz)

...and make sure they use good stainless steel and <B>weld</B> with stainless.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the best aftermarket exhaust? (Red60R)

I don't have an aftermarket exhaust, so all I can report on are the sound/video threads from the forum. I personally like the TME exhaust best. It is very similar to the stock one, but has a deepr sound to it. Next would be the JRL mod, which isn't an aftermarket exhaust at all, but getting rid of the center resonator leaves a good souns and costs next to nothing compared to getting an entirely new exhaust. <p>Another popular exhaust that a lot of R owners have is the Jetex one.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have had great results running the Ferrita 3" downpipe with the Ferrita cat-back exhaust system.<p>Be careful going the custom exhaust route, a sit is not always cheaper and the quality is almost never the same.<p>I have yet to find an exhaust shop in the greater Boston area who can build a turbo-back exhaust system for the S60R of similar quality as the aftermarket units, at a lower price.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
my custom job: 2.5" from the cat back into a Dynomax Race Bullet:<p><A HREF="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4752653166846636341" TARGET="_blank">http://video.google.com/videop...36341</A><br>or<br><A HREF="http://media.putfile.com/S60R-Custom-Fab-Exhaust" TARGET="_blank">http://media.putfile.com/S60R-Custom-Fab-Exhaust</A><p>sounds good, IMO. that's pretty much all ive done to the car. I'm pretty sure i'll be purchasing it at the end of the lease, but ill wait ot mod it out further until that happens. i'm waiting on the IPD softloader..

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
just to re-iterate and maybe expand on george... a catback is one thing but good luck finding somone who can get even in the same ballpark for the DP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts