SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, they look amazing but really worried about them holding up with New England roads and potholes. They also look extremely easy to curb. Does anyone have any experience they can share? Big difference in ride quality between the 19s and 21s? Seems like almost all XC60s on dealer lots have the 21s.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the 21s. I also have the 19" Volvo winter wheel and tire package so the question about 21's in the winter is moot for me.

As to curbing, the tires stick out proud of the wheels, so on minor curbing you're going to brush the tires up before the wheels, but on something major, well, yea.

I love the looks and the performance, and could not wait to pull the winter package off and get these back on, which I did a couple weeks ago.

Very big difference in performance between the two.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have 2018 XC60 Rdesign that came with 19" wheels . The ride is better with the 19" but I love my optional accessories 22" wheels I put on in summer time . ?? The look is amazing and worth the little rougher wide . I have optional air suspension so that help a lot with 22".
Here a link with my 22"

Here a link with my 19"

I think next week I put my 22" back on . Hopefully no more snow in New Hampshire or cold pavement.

·
Registered
687 Posts
also a 19" winter wheel tire combo owner with volvo's performance 21" summer wheel tire combo. no curb rash yet as per above - tires have rib beyond edge of wheel. tilt mirror in reverse helps too. no appreciable difference in ride but handling is considerably better with sticky summers. have experienced some hard bumps with 21" but no damage to tires or wheels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the 21" wheels and the ride is a little rough but I also have the RD with stiffer suspension so hard to tell how much the larger wheels impact the ride. I haven't driven an equivalent model with smaller wheels.
They look nice though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.