SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is having some problems...<br>Alright, dad took it into a place to have a check up done for the winter season and have winter wheels put on. A day or two later, I'm about to put foglights on, when i realize that the cable for the hood release is snapped. No problem, just get out the needlenose. Got the lights in. Then for liek 3 weeks they stopped working. I took one off and remounted it because it was slightly crooked. Then bam, they work all of a sudden. Now just a few days ago, we got the cable fixed ($68 for the cable itself! WOW) Now like 2 days later, the car won't start. We are gonig to have it towed tomorrow apparently so we can get it checked out, because we aren't sure why it isn't starting.<br>Anyway, this is no fun<br> -Jake

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: This sucks... (Jake)

That does suck, maybe an electrical gremlin of some kind. What did you have to mess with to get the fogs working? Is there any power at all or does the car turn over and not run?<br>Hope you get it all fixed easily.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: This sucks... (Spearzy)

Alright, everything is in working order again...I didn't have to pay for it, my parents ended up doing so. The forgs work again, so I think there might just be something that comes loose now and then. I asm angry though, because we just had new spark plugs put in a little while ago (not sure how many miles ago). So we ended up paying a mechanic like $70...to clean, <I>clean,</I> the spark plugs. I could have replaced them for like $30 or something. That's just ridiculous, seriously. e probably would have figured that out too if we were a little more patient with it.<br>Oh well, at least it works good now, for the time being...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts