SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been working on getting my R back on its feet after my hybrid failed at the drag strip last fall, as well as helping a friend slwoly shim their Stage 2.5 VR. Whats everyone been up to?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spent a total of 22 hours so far trying to pull this engine and m66 trans so I can swap in the donor engine. So far not so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
In peices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Also in pieces. Too many jobs at once.
KWs with front camber plates, delrin SFBs front & rear, poly everywhere, 06-07 clutch, SMF, slave, collar sleeve, all driveshaft seals in transmission, motor mounts, snabb tial recirculation kit, stainless brake lines, all fluids, grease lines to front seat bar bushings, vacuum hoses, whole pcv system. Too much at once. Its gonna be a whole new car though, very excited.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
In all seriousness, after a little downtime and excuse to drive the Audi, I'm just enjoying driving the R and trying my best to avoid potholes...bent three wheels this year. Thanks Michigan! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also in pieces, albeit not has many pieces as others!
Trying to find a non-OEM re manufactured steering gear assy for my caR.
I have found that OEM racks (plus the updated steering column shaft) are coming in around $1300-1500. trying avoid that much fu$$.

·
Registered
16,855 Posts
Sought a door to get the fricking bodywork (thanks, d!ck neighbor!) squeezed to a minimum, and other than that, stage zero and cleaning.
Also in pieces, albeit not has many pieces as others!
Trying to find a non-OEM re manufactured steering gear assy for my caR.
I have found that OEM racks (plus the updated steering column shaft) are coming in around $1300-1500. trying avoid that much fu$$.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Trying to keep my outside (working on the car) time down to a minimum due to the ungodly heat in FL... heat indices over 105 degrees here lately.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Debating if I should keep the R. She is fine, but wifey just came back from a dealer and requested to put her XC up for sale. But we would lose so much on it, it makes me think if I should keep it for myself :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Trying to keep my outside (working on the car) time down to a minimum due to the ungodly heat in FL... heat indices over 105 degrees here lately.
I am planning a move to Tampa FL. I am currently a Sales Engineer - but getting into full time multifamily syndication and fund management, along with a small technology company that upgrades certain aspects of apartment homes. I am definitely not looking forward to that summer heat!

Are you running any mods to compensate for the high intake temps?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am planning a move to Tampa FL. I am currently a Sales Engineer - but getting into full time multifamily syndication and fund management, along with a small technology company that upgrades certain aspects of apartment homes. I am definitely not looking forward to that summer heat!

Are you running any mods to compensate for the high intake temps?
Very soon I will be installing a do88 drop in Intercooler along with a new A/C Condenser. I replaced my leaking radiator a couple of months ago and noticed my condenser was also leaking, and I've been adding freon to get me by until I could get the swap done. I'll let you know how it goes, but according to others here, it does a great job dissipating heat despite being behind the condenser. We shall see.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

that is an utter nonsense...bundle up...put on Multi layers of clothing on and slowly as you getting warmer working on your R remove layer at a time...:D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Global warming will kill us all... I'm wearing my warmest alpaca sweaters here in arctic June MI to combat the heat wave.

·
Registered
109 Posts
that is an utter nonsense...bundle up...put on Multi layers of clothing on and slowly as you getting warmer working on your R remove layer at a time...:D
That's right. Also, if we can get all the cows to stop farting, things will get much better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts