SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Started out as a simple intercooler upgrade; next thing you know, I have carpocalypse in my yard. Thank God it hasn't rained in weeks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, once I got the radiator and old intercooler out, I figured I'd install the single mass flywheel and HD clutch since I was half way there already. Once the subframe was dropped, I decided to fix all the little things that need fixing (subframe bushing, ball joints, etc.) Turbo was sent off for a refresh, just waiting on parts now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, once I got the radiator and old intercooler out, I figured I'd install the single mass flywheel and HD clutch since I was half way there already. Once the subframe was dropped, I decided to fix all the little things that need fixing (subframe bushing, ball joints, etc.) Turbo was sent off for a refresh, just waiting on parts now.
Did you do the engine mounts? If not I'd get them now, the one near the angle gear was tough to get to with everything in.

instagram: @oliepyle

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you do the engine mounts? If not I'd get them now, the one near the angle gear was tough to get to with everything in.

instagram: @oliepyle
Everything that's wiggly or squiggly is getting replaced. The car just turned 100K though, so there's only a few things that actually needed to be replaced. CV boot is the only thing I've found so far that's actually broken.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well "while you're there" may as well repaint the engine bay right? Heck and while you're at it the bumpers could use a refresh and before you know it the car is stripped down to bare metal all around...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well "while you're there" may as well repaint the engine bay right? Heck and while you're at it the bumpers could use a refresh and before you know it the car is stripped down to bare metal all around...
LOL, don't tempt me, I already replaced one of the fenders because is was fading at a different rate as the rest of the car (might have been repainted by the previous owner). Fortunately, the SM flywheel and clutch are installed, and the subframe is bolted back up, so repainting the engine bay is going to have to wait until the next rebuild. :D

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I know this feeling well...

I regret it every single day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look what Brown Santa brought me today:

:partywave:

Turn around time was one week, door to door. Majestic had it rebuilt in under 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I hear you. So I decided to change the rear brakes because they seem to be original. Well now I’m dropping the rear subframe and replacing all the bushings with powerflex, new brakes, hubs and shocks. Damn you Volvo! Why do you make this car so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Heh, I planned the subframe-down refresh on the V70, but this is how the wife's XC90 ended up with solid subframe bushings, new motor mounts, IPD front sway bar, and ploy LCA's with new ball joints. The might as well syndrome

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
this is why i'm afraid to start on the radiator replacement.. not that my wife, or the city for that matter, would ever allow me to pull the motor on the driveway...

g'luck w/ the project, sir!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heh, I planned the subframe-down refresh on the V70, but this is how the wife's XC90 ended up with solid subframe bushings, new motor mounts, IPD front sway bar, and ploy LCA's with new ball joints. The might as well syndrome
That's on the schedule, working my way from the front to the back of the car. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts