SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so sure enough I get in the caR about half an hour ago and i get the low beam bulb failure and the passenger headlight is out. turned it off right away. there was a f*** ton of condensation on the lens and i don't know why. any method of fixing a possible leak and recommendations for new bulbs? i want to replace them both with the blue HID (5000k?) and i already know to put the balast in alcohol and make sure it isn't shot. of course this happens a week before i'm finally going to register/inspect the car :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also the orange light is still on next to the xenon bulb which means the ballast is still okay right? couldn't find an exact thread for this so if there is one and someone can link it thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The orange bulb has nothing to do with the ballast. It may still be okay though. Sounds like you need to remove the lense and reseal with butyl material. Then put new bulbs in and hope it works. If not then you can get ballasts for fairly cheap, either a part out or a link I may be able to find.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

I saved this in case I ever needed it. Great info around here occasionally ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome thanks man

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
No problem. And go ahead and pull the bulb out of the working headlight and throw it in the side that's no good to see if the ballast is good. Then you can order bulbs and a ballast if needed. And definitely make sure to reseal the headlight. Might as well do both remove the orange reflectors and paint the trim inside the lights while your at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts