SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is what I would be saying if the driver side 13mm bolt hadn't sheared off when I was trying to loosen it. :mad:

It was really cold here this morning, not sure if that had something to do with it. Time to drill the bolt out and start again with warmer weather in the forecast for this weekend. Ugh, sorry just needed to vent. Hopefully the rest of you are enjoying the bar. Good night!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You just put too much torque on it.

Sorry to hear though, that is frustrating ;)

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
If the bolt and nuts are stainless like mine, use some anti seize when you assemble them.

·
Registered
837 Posts
my wheel stud just snapped off one day while removing it. I personally put it on the last time. tightened all the way by hand and electric impact it the rest to spec. got about half way off and snap. WTF

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew that they were a little rusty. Should have PB'd them before a went further. Definitely using some anti-seize this weekend. It's always something like this with these "20 min. jobs" haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL, my oil changes are always 20 min jobs..... except for the time I take swearing and puzzling over how I managed to overtorque w/e last time, from drainage to filter housings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts