SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a T8 on order, scheduled for delivery to dealer in mid February here in the UK.

I am then taking it out to Germany to have a custom made storage unit fitted into the back of the car for work purposes (equine veterinarian). Example units shown below:

Here they've removed the second row as well - not something I'm planning to do.

Removal of the third row will free valuable space under the unit pictured to store iv fluids etc.

I am curious if anyone has any knowledge or info on removal of the third row of seats and how easy it is to do, and what potential problems may be encountered (airbags, seat belt warnings etc). Am I correct in thinking the third row is optional in the USA?

I've asked local dealers here who have been less than knowledgeable. Wondering whether to get the German engineers to remove seats when I get there or get dealer in UK to do it. Ironically I feel the German engineers may do a better job...!

Any help welcome.

Regards

Dr Watson

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I have a T8 on order, scheduled for delivery to dealer in mid February here in the UK.

I am then taking it out to Germany to have a custom made storage unit fitted into the back of the car for work purposes (equine veterinarian). Example units shown

Removal of the third row will free valuable space under the unit pictured to store iv fluids etc.

Am I correct in thinking the third row is optional in the USA?

Any help welcome.

Regards

Dr Watson
That's an interesting change and use of your XC90.

At this time the third row is standard for all U.S. specification 2016 XC90 T6 and T8 models.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That's a very strange way to kit out a car from what I've seen. Usually custom fit storage would be built to conform to the existing cargo space, not just plunked down in the middle. What am I missing here? I'd be less worried about the third row space than the space on either side of the storage unit.

·
Registered
71 Posts

The third row is standard here, but you can outfit the car without it. I guess that's what they do when they order a car for this kind of outfit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts