SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a third keyfob for my XC90. My dealer gave me the quote for the parts, as well as a quote of $100 for software that is necessary for installation, or as they put it "the software is to make the keys work with the car/computers"; they also quoted about another hundred for labor.

Are they overcharging me for this? Also, what is the software that's needed to install an extra fob?

If it's relevant, the vehicle is in transport and the extra fob will be installed before I take delivery.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Re: Third Keyfob Purchase/Installation (Spasoje)

Quote, originally posted by Spasoje »
I am purchasing a third keyfob for my XC90. My dealer gave me the quote for the parts, as well as a quote of $100 for software that is necessary for installation, or as they put it "the software is to make the keys work with the car/computers"; they also quoted about another hundred for labor.

Are they overcharging me for this? Also, what is the software that's needed to install an extra fob?

If it's relevant, the vehicle is in transport and the extra fob will be installed before I take delivery.

That's about what I've been quoted as well, they are outrageous if you ask me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I did a bit of shopping around and found that some other dealers in my area were charging about $50 for labor for the half-hour (not hour-long) job.

I showed this to my original dealer, and I ended up getting charged the aformentioned $50 for labor and $75 for the software.

Total cost: well under $400 CAD, including the installation of another accessory.

Modified by Spasoje at 8:23 PM 6-10-2009

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.