SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a third keyfob for my XC90. My dealer gave me the quote for the parts, as well as a quote of $100 for software that is necessary for installation, or as they put it "the software is to make the keys work with the car/computers"; they also quoted about another hundred for labor.<p>Are they overcharging me for this? Also, what is the software that's needed to install an extra fob?<p>If it's relevant, the vehicle is in transport and the extra fob will be installed before I take delivery.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Re: Third Keyfob Purchase/Installation (Spasoje)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Spasoje</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am purchasing a third keyfob for my XC90. My dealer gave me the quote for the parts, as well as a quote of $100 for software that is necessary for installation, or as they put it "the software is to make the keys work with the car/computers"; they also quoted about another hundred for labor.<p>Are they overcharging me for this? Also, what is the software that's needed to install an extra fob?<p>If it's relevant, the vehicle is in transport and the extra fob will be installed before I take delivery.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That's about what I've been quoted as well, they are outrageous if you ask me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same here, i was quoted a little over $300 for another remote. Totally crazy in my opinion, i have bought remotes for past cars (that were not volvo) and never paid over $100.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I did a bit of shopping around and found that some other dealers in my area were charging about $50 for labor for the half-hour (not hour-long) job.<p>I showed this to my original dealer, and I ended up getting charged the aformentioned $50 for labor and $75 for the software.<p>Total cost: well under $400 CAD, including the installation of another accessory.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Spasoje at 8:23 PM 6-10-2009</i>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts