SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have an S60 and how does it compare to the S70? I like the updated interior and styling but I am worried that the S60 might not be as well built as the S70. (The S70 was a more expensive car when new.) I know my 850 interior plastics seem much better than my S70s. Also, I can fit my bike in the S70 trunk w/ seats down and don't have to remove the front wheel. I have to take the front wheel off to fit in the 850. Is trunk space smaller in the S60 vs S70? My N/A S70 has been very reliable and I have 160,000 miles on the original ETM. I'm not sure how I pulled that off but still no signs of problems. Also, my 4 speed transmission seems bulletproof but I hear the early S60 trans can be problematic. Aren't they the same as the later S70 transmissions? I know main areas of concern for the S70 are the ABS module, ETM, and PCV and the same is true for S60s. Do S60s have other problematic modules or electronics? I am looking for an early (2001) base S60 with less stuff to break and good gas mileage - just like my S70. I'm hoping the 5 speed will yield even better MPG. Thoughts?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Stay away form 2001s and 2002s
NOT the same trannies, that was the first year for the 5 speed en mass along with MAJOR issues
S60 trunk and rear seat is smaller than an S70's seat and trunk

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
You can find the odd naturally aspirated S60 2.4 with a stick here and there.

Lots more electronics than the S70.

But a whole world better in terms of comfort, ride quality, etc.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
More expensive to maintain. All the parts seem to cost more on a P2 car than a P80. Also many more electrical gremlins. I own an 01 and while it's been pretty good, if I were to buy another I'd get an 03 or newer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts