SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gang! Sorry I've been away, pesky life keeps getting in the way of doing my enthusiast stuff. I guess it could be worse... I could be driving something else!

I have two V70s, a '98 T5 Auto, and a '99 T5 Manual, and it's probably time to let one of them go. The '99, although richer in features, also has a few more miles, and needs a little bit more work... So I'm thinking about selling. :(

Not sure how to price her, and not sure how to market her to a non-enthusiast market. I'm in central CA, so not conveniently located to most of you, and not sure craigslist is the way to go.

Her basic stats:
228k miles
premium pkg
climate pkg
touring pkg
Nautic blue/taupe, in good but not great cosmetic condition (some scratches, and a short scrape on the tailgate)
also has a trailer hitch
ALL the windows have micro scratches (guessing a dust storm? previous owner), and is thus not fun when driving into the sun

have had most mechanical issues addressed, but need new shocks
new PS unit (10k miles ago)
current on maintenance

the inside needs a thorough detailing, but is in good condition other than not being as clean as it could be (she's been my schlep car...)

she still pulls like a demon, and is rattle and squeak-free.

So, where would you price her, and how would you try to market and sell her?

Thanks for any/all input.

·
Banned
63,535 Posts
The miles kill it and if you want a reasonable price, please POST PICTURES

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The miles might kill it for Swedespeed-ers, but not the entire world. I'm not really expecting anyone on this site to buy it, and I'm only asking for advice on where and how else to market it. I will be posting pics, but this isn't a FS ad, just a request for ideas.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
$2K on CL, post up for $2.5K

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just keep it. It breaks my heart the world isn't clamoring to buy these T5 manuals. I can't believe such cool cars are valued so little. Maybe in 20 years or so they'll get their due.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts