SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have 2 S70's and know how to work on them very well. I find the timing belt and other maintenance very easy.

But im looking to get something a bit newer for some road trips with the wife in the spring. Does anyone have some real world solid buying advice? I dont need an R version or even an XC but a turbo would be nice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Right now i have 2 S70's and know how to work on them very well. I find the timing belt and other maintenance very easy.

But im looking to get something a bit newer for some road trips with the wife in the spring. Does anyone have some real world solid buying advice? I dont need an R version or even an XC but a turbo would be nice. Thanks in advance.
2006 or 2007 are best years if you can afford it.

Any 4wd P2 will need an angle gear at some point if it hasn't been changed when you buy the car. (I just did AG in a 06 xc90 110k and an 06 xc70 155k this year)

I personally wouldn't by a volvo that didn't have a turbo on it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
04+ 2.5T or T5. You can get plenty of pleasure out of the FWD version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im starting to look now. Its not easy. People asking insane money for trashed cars. typical for Long Island and NYC tho

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
If you want me to find and sell you a GOOD one, please contact me after tomorrow
Ask anyone about my Volvos.
They are not thrashed, everything I find is fixed BEFORE delivery
Not the cheapest but no surprises either.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You won't.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so at what price point will i find a v70 with a 5 speed? Does not need to be an R or AWD, i dont want an XC

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
A plain V70 non turbo 5 speed?
THAT you can get for 4-5K but it will have a ton of miles (140-160K) and will probably need some work (to say the least)!
Then, of course there's finding one.
VERY RARE these days

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, if i can find one turbo or not auto or 5 speed i dont care, lower miles fine, a lot of work is fine up until needing a motor or tranny, that i wont do.

You your self posted one like this

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ne-be-interested-in-a-2004-V70-5-speed-manual

I would have paid $4K for that.

Anyway, its all a lost cause anyway, any thing i find is garbage, the people im dealing with are all pretentious goofs, In the end the P80 cars i think are more solid, and the autos are not garbage. After my research and the things i have dealt with over this past week ill just stick to them.

I have 2 S70's now and its all simple to work on. I just replaced 2 doors, did the timing belt, bumper, dash all kind of stuff in on of them and it was all easy work. I like the more modern look of the P2 and think the inside is nicer but have doubts about the rest.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The challenge with finding a newer P2 V70 turbo variant (personally I would never buy a non-turbo) is that they were made in fewer numbers versus the S60, but more importantly they were/are popular family haulers so they tend to have high miles (the same is also true of the XC90). The best years are probably 2004-2007, anything 2005-2007 was post-refresh with more updated exterior styling cues. Forget about finding a 2005 T5, but the 2.5T is a very good motor. I am only looking at 2006-2007 2.5T's now. Plan to spend $8-$9K+ for something like that in good condition with fewer than 100K miles, more for a pristine car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts