SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding the Volvo body kit to the sides and rear, with the brushed mirror caps. My car is Savile Grey, not sure if I should go with silver and or the Stone grey (I think that’s what is called).

Thoughts? Would it be too much? Does any one have any pictures of a Savile Grey car with a body kit?

I was not going to add the front fascia attachment at this point.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Thinking about adding the Volvo body kit to the sides and rear, with the brushed mirror caps. My car is Savile Grey, not sure if I should go with silver and or the Stone grey (I think that’s what is called).

Thoughts? Would it be too much? Does any one have any pictures of a Savile Grey car with a body kit?

I have the same color with the body kit and the silver RD mirror caps. I think the silver (what I have) looks real sharp and sets the car apart.
Here are a couple of pics I already have saved. I can take a couple more later to share.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts

What year do you have? 2011-2013 uses one body kit P/N's and only fits that year and only came in Silver. 2014-up has 3 different colors (silver, iron mark, bronze) and looks much different than the 2011-2013 kit)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Rule #1: If you wanna get sporty or dress things up, save your money and do the wheels and tires first, then the other stuff... Sorry, no disrespect to your ride, but my attention immediately goes to those impossibly small wheels and tires (and ends there), not at all helped by the fender gap. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PureDrive07 - I have a 2015 and I think the Silver is the same silver as the mirrors. Not sure if I will do the front fascia, I'm waiting to see it the Polestar front 2 piece spliter would fit my car. If so I'll be adding that in body color

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Almaz,

Your right the skirts and mirrors look really good with the grey.

How dark is your tint ?
Thanks. I can't remember how dark the tint exactly is. Either 30% or 25%. It does look good but is a bit too dark for city night driving.

As for bigger wheels I'm not interested in that since it will sacrifice ride comfort. Pittsburgh roads are absolutely terrible. I'd consider lowering spring to eliminate fender gap come time to change the shocks. I'm in no rush to spend money. Doing low to medium cost mods over time makes it more interesting to me. I want to keep looking forward to something :)

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
PureDrive07 - I have a 2015 and I think the Silver is the same silver as the mirrors. Not sure if I will do the front fascia, I'm waiting to see it the Polestar front 2 piece spliter would fit my car. If so I'll be adding that in body color
The Polestar cars have the same front bumper as the R-Design models which is different from the regular standard bumper. So they would fit perfectly fine for R-Design owners and not so much for non-RD owners.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm curious, which wheels do you have on your 2015?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's mine... And he is for sale...
Nice! What rdesign wheels are those? Sorry Im a volvo newbie and am looking into wheels for my summer (3 season) setup.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Blacklab, interesting thread, something i might look into as well. I have black so the silver would probably offer a better contrast. Though I've yet to see the stone color kit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Blacklab, interesting thread, something i might look into as well. I have black so the silver would probably offer a better contrast. Though I've yet to see the stone color kit.
I think the Silver looks best on the original poster’s Savile Grey as well as Black (and most of the dark colors). The ‘Iron Stone’ body kit is hardly noticeable (especially the sides) with dark paint colors.

To get an idea of how the Silver vs. Iron Stone body kit will look on your particular color, you can configure the S60 on Volvo’s website. Start by choosing your trim level or just pick the standard T5 then go to the ‘Trims’ tab and select at least the Premier trim level (to get the correct wheel choices and chrome window trim). Go to the ‘Exterior’ tab and choose your paint color and select your wheels (if you have the standard 17” Sadia or 18” Titania). If you have the 19” Bor wheels, select the Sport Package under the ‘Packages and Options’ tab, then the ‘Packages’ sub-tab. Then under the ‘Packages and Options’ tab, choose the ‘Accessories’ sub-tab and the first three items shown are the Exterior Styling Kits in Silver, Iron Stone and Terra Bronze. Click on each one and the photo above will change to reflect your choice.

Here’s a link to the S60 Configurator-

Configurator LINK

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the Silver looks best on the original poster’s Savile Grey as well as Black (and most of the dark colors). The ‘Iron Stone’ body kit is hardly noticeable (especially the sides) with dark paint colors.
To get an idea of how the Silver vs. Iron Stone body kit will look on your particular color, you can configure the S60 on Volvo’s website. Start by choosing your trim level or just pick the standard T5 then go to the ‘Trims’ tab and select at least the Premier trim level (to get the correct wheel choices and chrome window trim). Go to the ‘Exterior’ tab and choose your paint color and select your wheels (if you have the standard 17” Sadia or 18” Titania). If you have the 19” Bor wheels, select the Sport Package under the ‘Packages and Options’ tab, then the ‘Packages’ sub-tab. Then under the ‘Packages and Options’ tab, choose the ‘Accessories’ sub-tab and the first three items shown are the Exterior Styling Kits in Silver, Iron Stone and Terra Bronze. Click on each one and the photo above will change to reflect your choice.
IgoZoom, thanks for the detailed description. I've used the Build link before and it does give a good approximation, although always better to see in real pictures, ideally from other forum members.:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Igozoom, not sure of the name but here's a picture of the car with the rims. They were part of the sport package. The car is not nearly as clean as Blue Eye's V60.

Blue eyes - the front spliters look really good on your fascia. Hopefully I can find some that will work with my front end

Kaysid - I think it will look great, but it's a tough decision for me.. I am looking at getting winter tires on Alloy's, thinking about adding polestar and the skirt kit. I don't think I can do everything at once as we have a 2 week road trip in a couple of months, but I have to get the winter tires so I can keep the 19's out of the snow/salt, it starts to add up.

Michelin Xice + Volvo 17's == $1700 Cdn
Skirt kit without the front $800 Cdn
Polestar = $1100
Great looking Volvo "priceless" ... until it's time to sell it ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On the RD front end, is it a 2 piece fascia ? Is the part I circled in Red added to a normal front end and then the upper and lower grillls are changed out to make an RD front end? If so I wonder if it can be ordered???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts