SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I replaced my M47 along with the clutch and all things related, I have been unhappy with the "feel" of the clutch and it's inability to return to the top. No amount of adjusting would cure this. I bought a Sachs clutch and a Volvo fork but the cable came from a very good aftermarket Volvo parts supplier. To make a long story short, I went to the nearest dealer who honored the discount and bought a Volvo cable. The discount was good but it still cost over twice the aftermarket one. However I could see the quality difference before I installed it. It solved the problems. The price difference was soon forgotten. The service at the parts counter at Volvo of Greenville was excellent. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Re: think twice before buying parts (ncvolvobob)

Bob's giving some very good advice here. There are a lot of parts, some of which are sold by "discount retailers" that don't perform as well as original equipment items. Price is frequently an indicator of quality. Another is where the part was made, and by whom.<p>Thanks for the post, Bob.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: think twice before buying parts (ncvolvobob)

The clutch cable is one of the few parts you should buy from Volvo, without a doubt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: think twice before buying parts (towerymt)

And often the quality of service (and whether or not you get the right part the first time) is well worth it! As a long-time customer of Jim Fisher Volvo's parts department here in Portland, I'll only go elsewhere if I know what I'm getting. Yes, price is important, but not as important as quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts