SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be on the Saab owners forum, but since I retired that car, I bought a 2015.5 Volvo S60 and I have discovered a few fun features, or commonly known as Easter Eggs.

1. In the S60 Sedan, if you use the actual key to lock the glovebox, it acts like a Valet. Locking the glove box disables the trunk function on the fob and the dash, so you can safely lock things in the trunk and someone else driving the car can't get into it, unless they have the physical key and unlock the glovebox.

2. If you hold down the << or >> button on the steering wheel or dash, the radio will advance to the next station. Great for when you are traveling If you tap it, it just advances to your next pre-set station

Feel free to add other features you have discovered.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I enjoy the "I" button on the fob - if you press it, it will show if the car was locked or not. Great for those of us who walk away and say "did I lock the car?"

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I enjoy the "I" button on the fob - if you press it, it will show if the car was locked or not. Great for those of us who walk away and say "did I lock the car?"
Use this all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Following up on #2 above, if you are streaming Youtube through Bluetooth, pressing the >> button will go to the next video if one is available.

Another thing, if you try to pop the trunk or gas door while car is moving it will not allow you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you drive away and the electric parking brake is on, it self releases.

If you try to apply it when you are moving, it won't let you. That means no Emergency Brake!!! Just a parking brake.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Only if you buckle up the seatbelt.

If you try to apply it when you are moving, it won't let you. That means no Emergency Brake!!! Just a parking brake.
I believe, though never tested, if you keep your hand on the button the brake will engage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
[
I believe, though never tested, if you keep your hand on the button the brake will engage.
Correct. From page 124 of my owners manual:

• In an emergency the parking brake can
be applied when the vehicle is moving
by holding in the control. Braking will be
interrupted when the accelerator pedal
is depressed or the control is released.
• An audible signal will sound during this
procedure if the vehicle is moving at
speeds above 6 mph (10 km/h).

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
1) Rain Sensor Wiper Function - You can toggle the Rain Sensing Wipers on and off with the button. If you need to wipe more rain away than the sensor seems to think it needs to, and turn your stalk to the other modes manually, it knocks the Rain Sensing system off. However, if you just flip the stalk up instead to activate the single wiping pass, the Rain Sensing stays on. I find that useful when I feel like I need to assist the automatic wipers here and there without having to reach down and push the button back on.

2) You can activate the rear mirror turndown individually for each mirror you want to use instead of just setting the My Car to do it automatically when reversing for both mirrors. When you go into reverse, just push the button down for the mirror you want specifically (say the left mirror if you are parallel parking on the left side and want to place your wheel in the right location without curbing your wheel).

3) You can also fold the mirrors in while the car is in motion by pushing both buttons at the same time. This is useful for close proximity to walls, ATM machines, etc.

·
Registered
753 Posts
3) You can also fold the mirrors in while the car is in motion by pushing both buttons at the same time. This is useful for close proximity to walls, ATM machines, etc.
That's cool, I can't do it but I've known it exists as you have validated it. I can't count the number of times I have close to grazing my mirror against a brick in the wall and it's raining and I've had to reach out and fold it manually.

I like the backseat headrest button that lowers them when more visibility is required or to gently tap passengers heads in comical moments.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The 12V outlet at the boot is always on. This saved me the need to run a fuse tap for my dashcam.

A boost hose with a rotating coupling that conveniently exposes a ton of space to service the angle gear without disconnecting the section that's behind the engine.

Drop down headrests for visibility and passenger punishment.

A freaking remote control so the rear can control the radio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 12V outlet at the boot is always on. This saved me the need to run a fuse tap for my dashcam.

A boost hose with a rotating coupling that conveniently exposes a ton of space to service the angle gear without disconnecting the section that's behind the engine.

Drop down headrests for visibility and passenger punishment.

A freaking remote control so the rear can control the radio.
I love "bopping" my son with that drop down headrest. I accidentally did that to the salesman when I test drove the car. He was in the back and I said "What does this button do?" Surprised both of us.

I don't think I have the remote control for the radio. Mine didn't come with it or the previous owner kept it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What "I" button? My fob only has lock, unlock, trunk, parking lights and alarm. No remote start as that option was not selected when the car was ordered(previous owner)

·
Registered
109 Posts
What "I" button? My fob only has lock, unlock, trunk, parking lights and alarm. No remote start as that option was not selected when the car was ordered(previous owner)
Was going to ask the same thing, I don't have that on my fob either. I don't have remote start but do have the keyless drive system so I don't need to put the key in the slot, I assume the "I" button is on the non-keyless?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

Learned about this one when trying to drift on cafeteria trays (fwd probs). Such a killjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
Was going to ask the same thing, I don't have that on my fob either. I don't have remote start but do have the keyless drive system so I don't need to put the key in the slot, I assume the "I" button is on the non-keyless?
The "I" button is on the keyless fob on our 2014 S60. At the airport once I couldn't remember locking the car and pressed "I" and confirmed I hadn't locked the car. I had time for a quick trip to the parking lot. On my 2015.5 they dropped the "I" button on the fob but I get a notification that my car is unlocked and I can lock it from the VOC app. Very convenient.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Not sure about this, but it seems that when I first start on a hot day, no cool air is directed to the windshield vents, but as the car cools down there is some airflow there.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The "i" button was on cars with Keyless Go, at least for 2012, because Keyless Go included the PCC. It was not dependent on having remote start activated. Volvo may have changed the key fob sometime after 2012 though.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
In for later.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm ashamed to say I owned my 2015.5 V60CC for 3 years before I realized I could shoot windshield cleaning fluid on my rear window. My Saab wagon had that feature but I just thought it wasn't a feature in my V60CC. Not that cleaner fluid is needed back there much but if it is, now I can make it happen.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts