SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. most of you have seen my "build" thread. well its come to my attention that i am probably the youngest on the forum. cool. but i dont deserve the disrespect i have been receiving. i came here to learn about my caR even more. i have lurked the forums for years but never made an account. im not stupid i know alot about cars but to some people here it seems that i am no better than a bag of dirt. if you dont like me cool. i dont care. but don't disrespect me because i havent bad mouthed anyone here or disrespected anyone. i love cars, especially volvos and thats why im here. for my volvos. this being said i dont think im the only person who gets disrespected on this forum. just the first to make a post. yea im 17 but i don't deserve anything less than you adults do. sorry for the vent im just tired of all the crap ive been getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome to the internet. Everyone's a jerk because they think they're anonymous. This forum is actually pretty bland as far as car forums go.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you've received a lot of respect and support in your build thread, soo... what
in my thread yes but ive seen some comments in other threads that have indirect but i know that theyre about me.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I know at 17 it still feels like other peoples' opinions matter, but take hope that you'll sort out before long that they do not and that goes double for people on the internet. My best advice is accept the good, ignore the bad, and just keep doing your thing. It makes life easier.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Look man, this is extremely unnessary. Grow up and live with it. You just seem like an entitled rich kid. Your parents bought your R and are paying for your rebuild. You've had your R for what 5 months... Not even? Your clearly Imature and I love these cars and quite frankly I wouldn't want someone to tell me they met another R owner and it was some highschool kid who thinks he knows it all. In my opinion it makes my R look worse. Sorry you feel that you get no respect but I don't either and a lot of people dont.. That's life. Don't cry about it. This is a form for R's and there problems. Not your personal feelings.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look man, this is extremely unnessary. Grow up and live with it. You just seem like an entitled rich kid. Your parents bought your R and are paying for your rebuild. You've had your R for what 5 months... Not even? Your clearly Imature and I love these cars and quite frankly I wouldn't want someone to tell me they met another R owner and it was some highschool kid who thinks he knows it all. In my opinion it makes my R look worse. Sorry you feel that you get no respect but I don't either and a lot of people dont.. That's life. Don't cry about it. This is a form for R's and there problems. Not your personal feelings.
they didnt pay for it. i have two jobs and i give them all my money. im not rich whatsoever. please tell me how i am immature and i never said i know it all.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Just ignore the haters and enjoy your R! And don't feed the trolls!!!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
honestly yeah thats alot of people lol. people talk big in forums but like i said. im here to help people, get helped and make friends because we all have unique cars and to me that makes us all a family.. i thought thats what car groups were. families..

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ignore the haters and enjoy your R! And don't feed the trolls!!!
thanks bud :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Baxter don't feel bad I get a similar thing at the other end of the spectrum. Not here though since I fixed my sig, but on other forums as to why spend money on an IPD down pipe. Like most have said you need to adjust your noise filter as there is a LOT of great advise from members here

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Baxter don't feel bad I get a similar thing at the other end of the spectrum. Not here though since I fixed my sig, but on other forums as to why spend money on an IPD down pipe. Like most have said you need to adjust your noise filter as there is a LOT of great advise from members here
there is alot of good advice i agree and i take it all into consideration. thank you for your advice!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am on the younger side as well, 20 and know how you can feel. I don't post as much as I thought I would here due to not knowing how some guys would respond to such a young guy owning an R.

Just keep on with the build!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Step 1 of growing up: Don't get so butthurt about stuff. Especially on the internet. Especially about cars. Especially with people you don't even know.

Relax, laugh it off, and just do what you want. No need to make topics seeking apologies or pity.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I know at 17 it still feels like other peoples' opinions matter, but take hope that you'll sort out before long that they do not and that goes double for people on the internet. My best advice is accept the good, ignore the bad, and just keep doing your thing. It makes life easier.
Yup. Sadly SS and the internet are full of a$$holes. Now they've been given a platform. Weed through it man.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Step 1 of growing up: Don't get so butthurt about stuff. Especially on the internet. Especially about cars. Especially with people you don't even know.

Relax, laugh it off, and just do what you want. No need to make topics seeking apologies or pity.
not seeking apologies or pity. simply saying something on my mind. its crazy how older people can be so childish at times. not saying youre childish im just speaking out loud.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.