SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
61 - 80 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yikes…opened up a can here it seems.
Too late for regrets - this thread is bringing out the best of everyone, just like the Olympics
Surprised no one has brought up which oil grade is best to use yet . . .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Too late for regrets - this thread is bringing out the best of everyone, just like the Olympics
Surprised no one has brought up which oil grade is best to use yet . . .
I won’t use the spec in the manual unless hell freezes over.. in which case I’d be better off using 0W. Nice try, Big Motor Oil.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Can you activate it with the key fob or the phone app??

I’m not one to tease safety features but man /knocks on wood/ I haven’t had a flat since I drove my Honda Civic into a median a longggg time ago. I’ve had lower than suggested tire pressure that I caught by walking around my car or using a gauge but it was never dangerous.
No fear, I've been a victim of i-TPMS also - waaaaaaaaay back in post #34. Just trying to also inject some levity into a surprisingly contentious, heated thread. You'd think we're talking about life and death issues like getting vaccinated!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I'm glad a few people are actually checking their tires. It would scare you to see how many people never check them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
-The ability to use the fob to lock the doors while the car is running so I can leave the kids in the car while I run in to grab take out or other quick errands. (The workaround of reaching through the window to lock the door works but is not very elegant)

-walk away locking doors. It’s annoying to have to wait for everyone to close the doors until I lock it. My corvette would lock when I got far enough away from it.
Or when its an 1 minute "errand" at the bank. And you just need a running car outside, since you are in a hurry.. 🤣

·
Registered
168 Posts
Parenting is brutal. Using your car to help you do something that can get your window smashed (and you’d have about 0% of the cops you call agree with you) probably isn’t a way to make your life easier. I’ve been a huge fan of curbside pickup for some of the reasons listed in this thread.

·
Registered
2018 T6 R-Design with Polestar
34 Posts
Parenting is brutal. Using your car to help you do something that can get your window smashed (and you’d have about 0% of the cops you call agree with you) probably isn’t a way to make your life easier. I’ve been a huge fan of curbside pickup for some of the reasons listed in this thread.
If someone breaks my window while my kids are inside a perfectly safe and climate controlled vehicle I’d have them arrested for attempted kidnapping. The Good Samaritan law would only be applicable if they were in a not running car and in danger from the elements.

But yes, drive throughs and curbside pick up are better alternatives, when available.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If someone breaks my window while my kids are inside a perfectly safe and climate controlled vehicle I’d have them arrested for attempted kidnapping. The Good Samaritan law would only be applicable if they were in a not running car and in danger from the elements.

But yes, drive throughs and curbside pick up are better alternatives, when available.
Well said. I was being a bit catty. Never someone else’s place to judge parenting unless it’s egregious. Cheers

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

If someone breaks a window in your obviously now not safe and climate controlled vehicle with the stupidity of leaving your children inside. You would be dealing with a kidnapping (not attempted) and a stolen vehicle all at the same time. I am sure you would be charged with neglect of children after the kidnapping was adjudicated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well said. I was being a bit catty. Never someone else’s place to judge parenting unless it’s egregious. Cheers
You weren`t catty, just weak and gave into the nonsense of leaving kids in a running car, Sticking to your original statement which was correct would have been better.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Kind of like Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, Thomas Paine, Thomas ( Stonewall) Jackson, Thomas Paine do you want more H`s ?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don`t know. Maybe from being weak, but backpedaling it to being polite?
In the words of a wise woman:

(For the kidless, that's Elsa from Frozen, a favorite kids movie, or is it my favorite? I'm confused!)

61 - 80 of 185 Posts