1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XC90 T8 Bursting Blue, B&W, air suspension
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Auto start on the fob
2. Retractable privacy screens for the rear windows
3. Ventilated and/or massaging front seats (I have the R design)
4. Dash readout for tpms.

What do you think is missing on your XC90 that should be included at this price point?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
1. Auto start on the fob

What do you think is missing on your XC90 that should be included at this price point?
My 21 XC90 T6 Inscription is optioned out. Aside from being a T8, there are no more options to be had. The MSRP was just over $75k.

1.Auto start is a feature on the Volvo On Call App.
2. The rear seat retractable privacy screens are available on the R Design. I'm not sure how yours doesn't have them.
3. To my knowledge, the R Design never had massaging or ventilated seats. That was exclusive to the Inscription.
4. Using indirect TPMS has been a contentious issue with people here, including me.
5. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the lack of a physical oil dipstick

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 21 XC90 T6 Inscription is optioned out. Aside from being a T8, there are no more options to be had. The MSRP was just over $75k.

1.Auto start is a feature on the Volvo On Call App.
2. The rear seat retractable privacy screens are available on the R Design. I'm not sure how yours doesn't have them.
3. To my knowledge, the R Design never had massaging or ventilated seats. That was exclusive to the Inscription.
4. Using indirect TPMS has been a contentious issue with people here, including me.
5. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the lack of a physical oil dipstick

1. I know, that’s why I specified fob
2. Maybe not on a 17 🤷🏻‍♂️
3. Mine cost as much as an Inscription, that was the point. But you could only get the bursting blue on the R design which was a huge factor for me.
4. Really doesn’t seem like there’s any good excuse as to why Volvo left this out.
5. Lol, I’m definitely not in the camp that cares about that 😂

·
Registered
2021 V60PE
70 Posts
I'm confused by the TPMS comment. I've had cars with direct and indirect TPMS and none told me the tire pressure. The advantage of indirect is that you don't have to deal with added cost of hardware replacement (sensors do go bad and need maintenance) and if you use a separate set of wheels for winter, you don't have to spend extra for TPMS sensor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Even my $94k AMG doesn’t come with massaging/ventilated seats as I chose to have sports semi bucket seats which is similar to the R-design seats. So it’s probably physically impossible to put those features on bucket seats. And I totally agree with you on the half ass tpms that Volvo uses.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
1. Auto start on the fob

I intentionally choose an Inscription over R-Design due to some features not available on the R-Design. Having them optioned for R-Design would have been best but that is product management 101.

Personally, I would focus on features that our European colleagues have that are not available in the US due to antiquated laws and regs. Lobbying to get our laws modernized would be of great value.

I realize that some feel strongly that remote start on the Key FOB was a miss. I am not one of them. All of my previous cars had to have a functional remote start fob added at an extra that had usable range. Not surprising that Volvo went with VOC with unlimited range. Having remote start via VOC at no cost would have been optimal for most (but then go back to product management 101).

A physical Key FOB may be going away in favor of NFC in our cell phones. I like the VOC app as long as I have cellular service which can be a drawback in rural areas right now.

My Inscription has the rear retractable sun screens. Is that what you are referencing as a privacy screen? Invaluable for kids and pets for sure.

I have ventilated seats on my Inscription. If I were in the R-Design market, I would want the option. The massage feature would have been nice but not nice but not available on MY16.

TPMS is a feature for which you can access it on the Sensus screen with the status button. MY16s have d-TPMS which I much prefer over i-TPMS.

As far as other features and options that were marketed and in the owners manual, yes, I did expect them. Some came later (CarPlay/Android Auto, Remote start for T8) while some did not come at all for US market (third seat remote raise/lower, laminated windows). I am way past that and looking ahead for the MY23/24/25 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Sounds like the most important thing to you was color. Well if you want the sporty color, you get the sporty trim. If you want all the luxury items you mentioned, you should get the luxury trim next time.

Key fob remote start would be cool but would also be limited to a few hundred feet. How about an app that does it from anywhere in the world, and has a lot more features?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
That kinda seems like the response of someone who has lost the argument.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 T6 R-Design with Polestar
34 Posts
Sounds like the most important thing to you was color. Well if you want the sporty color, you get the sporty trim. If you want all the luxury items you mentioned, you should get the luxury trim next time.

Key fob remote start would be cool but would also be limited to a few hundred feet. How about an app that does it from anywhere in the world, and has a lot more features?
My wife’s Honda Odyssey has remote start on the fob and also through the Honda app. Seems like Volvo could probably offer both fairly easily as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That kinda seems like the response of someone who has lost the argument.

Nice that you could add something insightful to the thread, thanks for your contribution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife’s Honda Odyssey has remote start on the fob and also through the Honda app. Seems like Volvo could probably offer both fairly easily as well.
Completely agree with this. Not sure why so many on here feel the need to argue for Volvo.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Completely agree with this. Not sure why so many on here feel the need to argue for Volvo.
I mean it IS a Volvo dedicated forum, and you seemingly joined just to complain?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Volvo started phasing out remote start for the reasons mentioned many years ago. Sounds like a person who either didn't do their homework beforehand or is having buyers remorse now and needs to have a whine thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Volvo started phasing out remote start for the reasons mentioned many years ago. Sounds like a person who either didn't do their homework beforehand or is having buyers remorse now and needs to have a whine thread.

Wow, two posts and you already know me better than I know myself. Would you mind if I check in with you for all of my life decisions?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
1. I know, that’s why I specified fob
2. Maybe not on a 17
3. Mine cost as much as an Inscription, that was the point. But you could only get the bursting blue on the R design which was a huge factor for me.
4. Really doesn’t seem like there’s any good excuse as to why Volvo left this out.
5. Lol, I’m definitely not in the camp that cares about that
Yeah, I have no idea why Volvo left it out. Audi didn't give any remote start option on their top tier cars like the Q8 until recently. And only with a new update did it become an option on the Audi App.

We have a 2017 Inscription as well. It came with the same sun shades as our 2021.

The indirect TMPS system is cheaper and less (or no) maintenance. Although I'll always argue direct is much safer for many reasons. But that's already been discussed on other threads.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5 R-Design & 2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT
62 Posts
I'm confused by the TPMS comment. I've had cars with direct and indirect TPMS and none told me the tire pressure. The advantage of indirect is that you don't have to deal with added cost of hardware replacement
Our Forte has direct TPMS and shows the pressures in the gauges. That our Volvo doesn't - at over 2x the cost - is really strange. It's even stranger on an XC90. I have never had a sensor in any of my direct TPMS cars go bad, even in a 2014 Corolla with 165,000 miles. That I might have to spend $100 on a sensor every 5-6 years is no justification for this crappy i-TPMS stuff that should not even be legal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have a 2017 Inscription as well. It came with the same sun shades as our 2021.

That’s good to know, I mistakenly assumed the sun shades weren’t available at all. I bought mine lightly used and couldn’t imagine why the original owner would have ticked literally every single box except for sun shades 🧐

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our Forte has direct TPMS and shows the pressures in the gauges. That our Volvo doesn't - at over 2x the cost - is really strange. It's even stranger on an XC90. I have never had a sensor in any of my direct TPMS cars go bad, even in a 2014 Corolla with 165,000 miles. That I might have to spend $100 on a sensor every 5-6 years is no justification for this crappy i-TPMS stuff that should not even be legal.
There’s literally no way to explain that better than you just did, thanks for that.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts