SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked next to an almost identical XC90 Inscription in Charlotte, NC, the other day. What are the odds, it seems we even have the same setting on lowering the (air) suspension when parked. They don't have the trailer hitch (mine is on the right) and the colors don't fully match but otherwise they are pretty identical. The brownish color (don't know the real name) looks really good and almost better than my grey.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Nice!

Coincidentally, during the holiday break, I was driving the same car as your (incl. tow hitch!) and was up in the mountains. I saw 3 other XC90s during a span of 4 days; the first one was another Osmium Grey although we did not park next to each other! :)

I almost see at least 1-2 on the road every 2-3 days now...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have yet to see another XC90 in the wild - ever - while traveling in MN, WI, IL, IN and MI over the past 3 months. They must be out there....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have yet to see another XC90 in the wild - ever - while traveling in MN, WI, IL, IN and MI over the past 3 months.
Same here. I've only seen one other XC90 on the road, and it was only a few blocks from the Vovlo dealer, so it was probably someone on a test drive.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I saw one approach and make a right turn past me yesterday as I was waiting to cross the street (I was on foot).

The Thor's Hammer headlights are so distinctive and impressive looking. While you can debate the rest of the car's look and how it compares with other vehicles on the road, I think Volvo has really nailed it perfectly when it comes to having a signature headlight look. If I'm Volvo, for 2017 I'd integrate the Thor's headlights into the base Momentum price and eliminate the Mom+ package entirely, because this really should be a non-negotiable signature item for them.

The lights look so much nicer than any other brand right now. The only other one that I think compares is the BMW because of how distinctive and iconic the Hollow-ringed angel eyes are across the BMW lineup over multiple years now.

This is what I hope to see with Volvo with the Thor's Hammer. Make this an icon that lasts for generations to come.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Saw my second just this morning not too far from my home. It was at an automatic car wash though, all I could think of was swirl marks on the poor thing, lol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Parked next to an almost identical XC90 Inscription in Charlotte, NC, the other day. What are the odds, it seems we even have the same setting on lowering the (air) suspension when parked. They don't have the trailer hitch (mine is on the right) and the colors don't fully match but otherwise they are pretty identical. The brownish color (don't know the real name) looks really good and almost better than my grey.

Congratulations on your good taste and NOT messing up YOUR tailgate with stickers :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts

Congratulations on your good taste and NOT messing up YOUR tailgate with stickers :facepalm:
I thought the same thing about all those decals, magnets or whatever they are on the tailgate. Looks absolutely horrible. And the one of the left looks like it may be one of those decals some dealerships throw on, not sure. I hate that though and make sure I always tell my dealership I'm purchasing from to make certain one doesn't make its way onto my car if they do that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I commute between the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita. I have not yet seen one XC90.

·
Registered
760 Posts
what is that thing dangling on the left XC90?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've only seen a couple 2016 XC90s in the wild. There are a lot of older models around, though.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dangling from where on the left car, I'm not seeing it.
K ... I blew the pic up and took a closer look, it was just the sun, at first it looks like some sort of metallic thing dangling from the right side underneath the car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Haven't seen too many either, I think 2-3 so far. There's a lot of 1st gen XC90's around here, so I expect the number of new ones out in traffic to increase.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Nice. I feel like I am the only XC90 in the Kansas City area.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many Volvos here in Connecticut, and in New England overall. I've seen at least 6 distinct new XC90s driving around our town (have seen most more than once). 1st generation XC90s are very common.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

That is a LOT of signs on the rear of the left Volvo! 4 signs on a new car?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 65 Posts