SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I contacted Polestar to see if they had an ETA or any information in regards to research and development for an available Polestar tune dealer option and simply put, it was a, no there will not be one made available for the T5.

Kind of a bummer as I kept on reading about a "maybe" and even from the local dealer here as to a "maybe", but sounds like its a no go...

:/

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Contact Heico or RICA to see if they have tuning options for the 5cyl. T5 motor; Polestar said a while back that they had no intentions on creating a tune for the 5cyl. motor.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
So I contacted Polestar to see if they had an ETA or any information in regards to research and development for an available Polestar tune dealer option and simply put, it was a, no there will not be one made available for the T5.

Kind of a bummer as I kept on reading about a "maybe" and even from the local dealer here as to a "maybe", but sounds like its a no go...

:/
If more power is what you are after why not trade it in for a T6. You'll get more power, smoother engine and AWD.
There are a handful at Carmax. Granted, such a swap will cost a few thousand dollars. Everything has a price :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought the overboost functionality was the result of the C30 P* tune used on the S60's T5?

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
The five cylinder already has 295 ft lbs on overboost so not sure there is all that much you could be gaining in any event.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts