SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they cannot wait...
The trunk lid looks better than S90 with the Volvo logo on upper edge now. Not sure I like the horizontal tail light side-to-side though. I'd like to see the logo banner extends down a little and the left and right part of tail light bar is not connected.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I wonder how different the S60 will look from the S90.

All I know is reading an article where a Volvo exec stated there will be a manual transmission option for the new S60. If that is true, I am ALL in for the S60.

Please...

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how different the S60 will look from the S90.

All I know is reading an article where a Volvo exec stated there will be a manual transmission option for the new S60. If that is true, I am ALL in for the S60.

Please...
If there is manual transmission, probably on sale in Europe or other markets. Best luck is maybe you can order through OSD. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd speculate that the looks of the next s60 may be inspired by the electric car concept pic couple months back...of course it's only my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ingenlath has said that he would like to keep the 90, 60 and 40-series apart in design...he wasn't fond of the "1 car in 3 sizes" philosophy at Audi and MB.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's an attractive rendering, that's for sure. Proportions work well. And the rear lighting works better here.

As Volvokhaled mentioned, however, Ingenlath has said previously he wants each series to have its own design cues. So who knows?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ingenlath has said that he would like to keep the 90, 60 and 40-series apart in design...he wasn't fond of the "1 car in 3 sizes" philosophy at Audi and MB.
Yeah, there should be at least some variations in the details. I don't like all future Volvo models have the exact same Thor's hammer lights.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
You gotta listen to the man...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
If there is manual transmission, probably on sale in Europe or other markets. Best luck is maybe you can order through OSD. :)
If it is offered through OSD, then it will be offered through regular channels as well. OSD does not get its own trimlines and/or drivertrains.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't find Ingenlath's quote anymore. What I remember is that he told that each series (40, 60 and 90) will have its distinctive look and feel. The "cheaper" models won't be looking cheaper but only different. Whereas the 60 series will be "dynamic", the 40 series will be "agile". I forgot the attribute describing the 90 series though. It was a word around luxurious / sovereign / confident.

But: These are only words. It's designer talk, they all talk like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the head of Audi design said the same thing about each Audi series having its distinctive look (an A8 looking more bold and self-confident, an A3 looking more youthful etc.). I'll just let Ingenlath do his job and then decide if I like his designs. Also I'm glad to see that SAAB is finally being brought to life again. IF they will carry the SAAB name again, IF the products will be of good quality and IF I'll like the design, these could become a true alternative to Volvo.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Volvo has revised (I would say fixed) the headlight design for the S90, presumably coming to XC90 eventually, perhaps midlife refresh?

Why would Chin go and steal a headlight shape from the Grand Cherokee?

·
Banned
763 Posts
Same sausage, different lengths. I really hope Volvo doesn't go down THAT route.
LOL. To be honest, I actually think that's a good marketing strategy. I mean, if Volvo wants to get the market share of the big 3 Germans, why not do what they're doing? I do think it's ridiculous that an Audi 4 is a mini A6 is a mini A8 (or the equivalent for the C-Class -> E-Class -> S-Class or the 3/5/7 Series), but it does make it much easier to upsell or downsell, which is what gets you a sale when you're dealing with $40,000 vehicles.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
LOL. To be honest, I actually think that's a good marketing strategy. I mean, if Volvo wants to get the market share of the big 3 Germans, why not do what they're doing? I do think it's ridiculous that an Audi 4 is a mini A6 is a mini A8 (or the equivalent for the C-Class -> E-Class -> S-Class or the 3/5/7 Series), but it does make it much easier to upsell or downsell, which is what gets you a sale when you're dealing with $40,000 vehicles.
I think there will be brand styling "language" likeness among series, similar to the German make strategies. Many here are hoping that the SPA 60 series goes another step closer to the SPA concept designs, since the 90's were purportedly stop gaps or hybrids of previous set designs and SPA concept aspects where feasible.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yuk!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts