SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Despite some similar evolution threads out there, let's keep this one strictly a "then and now" photo thread.

What did you car look like the day your bought it (inside, outside, under the hood, etc.)?
And What does your car look like right now?

Then:

Now:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nice job, I especially admire what you've done with the engine bay.:beer:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
then:

now:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Did you run over a cone? What is that behind your front tire?
Yes. This was at the auto x in Carlisle after i took out a wall lol

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
What about before you bought it? :D
Before I bought it:

After I bought it and changed a little:

Before:

After:

Engine before:

Engine after:

Interior before:

Whilst:

After:

If I was to list every little change, it would take a while :D

Brakes, power, key, spoilers, exhaust, grills, etc. etc. etc. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I was to list every little change, it would take a while :D
Tell me about it, my interior has seen many many changes.

Do you have grille fog lights?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Tell me about it, my interior has seen many many changes.

Do you have grille fog lights?
I used to, yeah. To be precise I was the first to do that though mine weren't wired up due to European lighting laws.

My interior hasn't changed much. Had the alloy inlays for like 3 years and all of a sudden wanted some brown. Took brown elk leather and was happy with that (see above) and thought that looked **** so I bought some plastic trim, sold the metal stuff (the leather peeled off) and sprayed the plastic java brown (on C30 world some refer to me as the king of java brown :D) and am happier. My key is in matching colors. The steering wheel is currently under customisation, the same goes for other things...

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My interior hasn't changed much. Had the alloy inlays for like 3 years and all of a sudden wanted some brown. Took brown elk leather and was happy with that (see above) and thought that looked **** so I bought some plastic trim, sold the metal stuff (the leather peeled off) and sprayed the plastic java brown (on C30 world some refer to me as the king of java brown :D) and am happier. My key is in matching colors. The steering wheel is currently under customisation, the same goes for other things...
I was a lurker on C30World for long before I was a member, I followed your progress on the elk leather (assuming you're Habifix), a very unique idea! I've seen that a few people have copied you since then ;)

My first car had the wood grain, my second car had aluminum (which I don't have any pictures of to post). After multiple silver paint jobs, I finally settled on color matching my interior panels to the exterior of my car. Progression of that can be seen through the link in my sig.

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
I have not shared this faux AWD awesomeness.
I decided to raise it instead.

After

Before

Mods complete! Roof rack, mudflap, wheel, fog lamps, chin spoiler, trunk spoiler, tint, rear tweeter, shift knob, lock pins, electro-chromatic rear view mirror, interior and exterior LED and home link visor delete!!

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What ever happens to all the 16" wheels that we took off our cars? The 17"ers seem to bebop around in classifieds for the cheaper tires or winter set ups, 18"+ get snatched up.

I've had one set of Caligos go to a guy who had Caligo replicas that were cheap. They didn't have Volvo markings on them or anything, some rip off...
One set of Caligos went to a guy to put on his S70.
And my Sagittas went to a guy who had bent rims on his C30.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
First day home...

To this (only thing not shown is the front BBK)

Quite a few wheel changes in between :p

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was a lurker on C30World for long before I was a member, I followed your progress on the elk leather (assuming you're Habifix), a very unique idea! I've seen that a few people have copied you since then ;)

My first car had the wood grain, my second car had aluminum (which I don't have any pictures of to post). After multiple silver paint jobs, I finally settled on color matching my interior panels to the exterior of my car. Progression of that can be seen through the link in my sig.
Yep! Thats me! :)

I'm at the moment satisfied with the brown parts... Just as a "color highlight" inside the car :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Then

Before BBK, front lip, and thule bike trays.

Now

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
More recent now ;)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You know what. I think I like these tucked in tires much better than the flush look. It has a certain "real-life" feel to it!
Awesome kyle :thumbup:

Nice front fender. Not my style but it looks great on your car with those wheels and brake calipers!

I'm tired of pulling out the same old pics . . . I'll get back to this thread later when I'll have something knew to show.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts