SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drove home late last night from my granddaughter's dance recital and the 65 mile interstate stretch was relatively sparse so I had a chance to try the Recharge in "Power" mode - all I can say is this car is a beast! Even at 75MPH I could dole out power to instantly accelerate to 90 mph. The instant torque and HP is palatable.

My opinion does not seem to be shared on this forum but I agree with some of the auto mag reviewers on overall sporty feel improvement in the XC60 Recharge vs the earlier XC60 T8 - I have always enjoyed the "push" from a high performance rear wheel drive car and since 100% of the Recharge's power boost go to the rear wheels the sporty push of the extra HP and torque can be felt - when you mash the accelerator down 50% to 70% (or more if you'd like) the car leaps forward with amazing power, even at relatively quick interstate speeds. The total power increase aside, the performance aspect of the Recharge has been improved for my tastes!

2019 T8 VS 2022 Recharge
Battery - 9.1 KWH to 14.9 KWH - 63.7% Increase
Horsepower electric motors - 87 HP to 143HP - 64.4% increase
Total Horsepower - 400HP at 5700 rpm to 455HP - 13.8% increase
Torque - 472Lb ft to 523Lb ft - 10.8% increase

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drove home late last night from my granddaughter's dance recital and the 65 mile interstate stretch was relatively sparse so I had a chance to try the Recharge in "Power" mode - all I can say is this car is a beast! Even at 75MPH I could dole out power to instantly accelerate to 90 mph. The instant torque and HP is palatable.

My opinion does not seem to be shared on this forum but I agree with some of the auto mag reviewers on overall sporty feel improvement in the XC60 Recharge vs the earlier XC60 T8 - I have always enjoyed the "push" from a high performance rear wheel drive car and since 100% of the Recharge's power boost go to the rear wheels the sporty push of the extra HP and torque can be felt - when you mash the accelerator down 50% to 70% (or more if you'd like) the car leaps forward with amazing power, even at relatively quick interstate speeds. The total power increase aside, the performance aspect of the Recharge has been improved for my tastes!

2019 T8 VS 2022 Recharge
Battery - 9.1 KWH to 14.9 KWH - 63.7% Increase
Horsepower electric motors - 87 HP to 143HP - 64.4% increase
Total Horsepower - 400HP at 5700 rpm to 455HP - 13.8% increase
Torque - 472Lb ft to 523Lb ft - 10.8% increase
Also: the battery on the MY 22.5 (with 143HP electric motor) has 18.8KwH (MY22 14.9 Kwh was for 87hp motor).

And yes, when you floor it, it goes :D
Have fun! :D

·
Registered
2022 XC60 Polestar Engineered ER
88 Posts
Agree! It is addicting to quickly launch from a slow roll and surprise nearby traffic. I used the launch feature twice and I feel the mashing it from a slow roll is more noticeable for some reason. Either way...very happy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts