SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I read on another forum that there is another software upgrade coming similair like the november update.
Does anybody have more info on that?

Regards

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hello,

I read on another forum that there is another software upgrade coming similair like the november update.
Which forum? Do you have a link?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I translated it via Google and see the week 10 references but bothing solid, from the translation. I did see Conradi referenced on there, as a user. He is a user here as well so maybe Conradi will see this and chime in(?) :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Paradox ;)

The tread is about finding out what we will get in this so called wk10 update. Until know the information is preliminary and nobody has detailed information yet. Some German Volvo Dealers stated this software release contains driver-profiles, all type of preferences individually set and stored for every driver.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Some German Volvo Dealers stated this software release contains driver-profiles, all type of preferences individually set and stored for every driver.
That would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. Volvo already said that driver profiles would be coming around the time of S90 and MY17 release.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Hi Paradox ;)

The tread is about finding out what we will get in this so called wk10 update. Until know the information is preliminary and nobody has detailed information yet. Some German Volvo Dealers stated this software release contains driver-profiles, all type of preferences individually set and stored for every driver.
Thanks for seeing this and chiming in. Like tibits said, that'd be great if it included drivers profiles but I just don't know. Maybe EU will see it, and I do hope they do, but I have a feeling in at least the US it'll be a while (like tibits said, s90 release minimum). One big issue here for driver profiles, that I can see, is allowing dynamic driving mode as default for example. I say that because dynamic defaults start/stop to off and since the car was tested here with it engaged for mpg numbers it is not allowed to default off.

Since the fuel savings from start/stop are so small, I really wish it was tested with it off because customizing through drivers profiles would have been FAR superior compared to defaulting start/stop 'on'.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Since the fuel savings from start/stop are so small, I really wish it was tested with it off because customizing through drivers profiles would have been FAR superior compared to defaulting start/stop 'on'.
Agreed. This is one thing about the XC90 that bothers me much more than I would have assumed. I don't like start/stop and can't stand it long enough to even try to get used to it. It has been getting under my skin every time I have to go through the 2 clicks to disable it or switch driving modes.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mijn auto 'zuipt' meer software dan benzine
That's great - I'll have to use the English version of that :)

Mijn nederlands is niet zo good - ik moest zuipt in het woordboek :)

With all the T8's that were delivered in The Netherlands in 2015 that forum may be a good place to watch - I wonder if this update will be released in Eu first before it comes to the North American market? On the Volvo support forums they indicated that there will be a minor Sensus map update for Eu coming soon (and owners will be able to download and install it themselves).

·
Registered
777 Posts
Updates/changes to SW are released globally, they are available for all cars at the same time. The are put in production at regularly scheduled intervals (windows) and then released into service two weeks later. Week 09 is simply one of the SW change windows when the next set of updates are released. Driver Profile is NOT part of the W09 update but is scheduled to launch with start of MY17 production and will then be backward compatible for MY16 XC90s. When driver profiles are available, then the Red accessory key fob will be released, also available for MY16 XC90.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for seeing this and chiming in. Like tibits said, that'd be great if it included drivers profiles but I just don't know. Maybe EU will see it, and I do hope they do, but I have a feeling in at least the US it'll be a while (like tibits said, s90 release minimum). One big issue here for driver profiles, that I can see, is allowing dynamic driving mode as default for example. I say that because dynamic defaults start/stop to off and since the car was tested here with it engaged for mpg numbers it is not allowed to default off.

On a sidenote start and stop tech is not officially counted towards gas ratings for a vehicle. Hence why larger companies like toyota have yet to implement it in their vehicles due to the overall costs associated with such a system.

·
Registered
777 Posts
On a sidenote start and stop tech is not officially counted towards gas ratings for a vehicle. Hence why larger companies like toyota have yet to implement it in their vehicles due to the overall costs associated with such a system.
I cannot speak for other car companies, but Volvo uses Start/stop to achieve CO2/MPG targets. That is why it cannot be permanently shut off. If it were, we would not achieve the certified MPG/CO2 targets. I would be willing to bet that other car companies are doing it for the same reason. Car companies do not add cost unless for a very good reason.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I cannot speak for other car companies, but Volvo uses Start/stop to achieve CO2/MPG targets. That is why it cannot be permanently shut off. If it were, we would not achieve the certified MPG/CO2 targets. I would be willing to bet that other car companies are doing it for the same reason. Car companies do not add cost unless for a very good reason.
maybe for the EU, but its not achieving anything in with the EPA

·
Registered
777 Posts
It is part of our official EPA fuel economy figures, which is why it cannot be permanently shut off. The car runs the full FTP 75 with start stop enabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It is part of our official EPA fuel economy figures, which is why it cannot be permanently shut off. The car runs the full FTP 75 with start stop enabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the info, cdauerer, for the information and everyone for the dialogue. This is helpful and clarifying.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
... Driver Profile is NOT part of the W09 update but is scheduled to launch with start of MY17 production and will then be backward compatible for MY16 XC90s. When driver profiles are available, then the Red accessory key fob will be released, also available for MY16 XC90.
Tack sa mycket - thanks for sharing - great info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts