SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my last post didn't really ask a question...heheh whoops. Anyway, how would anyone reccommend fixing this problem?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Re: The weather stripping again.... (Jake)

tried glue?
I bought some glue for outdoor sealing. Its called "goop" "household contact adhesive & sealant"
I'm sure you can find something like that.

I glued on some stuff in the exterior of the car and its weather proof. Won't melt to heat and water http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

try finding something like that, I mean, if it keeps falling off even if you get new ones, doesn't that seem like the "slot" on your car is too wide?

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: The weather stripping again.... (xtremepsionic)

Hahaha, that goop stuff works good. I gooped my mud flap back in place after the car was parked overnight in a driveway where the slush an ice built up behind the front wheel in the winter, when I reversed out of the driveway it snapped out of all the rivets!(was frozen to the tire via many iches of ice) it was dangling off the top rivet, so I gooped it to the lower trim that runs under the doors until I got it re-riveted.
When I used to skateboard as a kid we used the stuff to repair shoe soles (are favorite airwalks!) as the grip tape slowly ate through our shoes... ahh, memories...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts