SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well this Easter long weekend has seen me very busy with the R.

As I'm competing in an inaugural RACEWARS event, I have to prepare the car for a 1000m high speed shoot out.

• Install 1kg fire extinguisher to front seat rail
• Retighten all FMIC clamps and double check piping
• Change oil + filter + fuel filter
• Apply event decals
• Cover headlights and fogs with protecting film
• Buy a 6x3m marquee and camping equipment

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Good luck at Racewars. Sounds like your going to the filming of F&F LOL, also good luck getting the 10 x 20 (6x3m marquee....had to look that up) back in the car after you take it down .

How did you get just the Fogs on ?

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Well this Easter long weekend has seen me very busy with the R.

As I'm competing in an inaugural RACEWARS event, I have to prepare the car for a 1000m high speed shoot out.

• Install 1kg fire extinguisher to front seat rail
• Retighten all FMIC clamps and double check piping
• Change oil + filter + fuel filter
• Apply event decals
• Cover headlights and fogs with protecting film
• Buy a 6x3m marquee and camping equipment
gets me thinking, I honestly dont need, but would be nice to have in case in the fire extinguisher. Always worried something is gonna happen and all ill be able to do it sit and watch it burnnnnn

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I am coming to visit one of these days ....

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Good luck at Racewars. Sounds like your going to the filming of F&F LOL, also good luck getting the 10 x 20 (6x3m marquee....had to look that up) back in the car after you take it down .

How did you get just the Fogs on ?
It was a drunken idea by some friends that has turned into a reality. Pretty much the same as F&F lol.
The 6x3m marquee fitted easily in the car when I bought it. All good there.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I
The 6x3m marquee fitted easily in the car when I bought it. All good there.
That was my point. It will fit new but folding it all back up....Let the fun begin. But if you are one of those scout master campers you will have no problem.

How do you have the fog light only on ?

Any Photos of the lined hatch and have you noticed any difference in sound ? I just have the frond door done and plan on doing the rear door tailgate and rear floor. Esp the rear area since I had to remove a lot of carpet to fit a full size spare in

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
gets me thinking, I honestly dont need, but would be nice to have in case in the fire extinguisher. Always worried something is gonna happen and all ill be able to do it sit and watch it burnnnnn
Was very easy. The R seat rail has 4 triangular notches etched into it. Bend two of them back and insert a short bolt to hold the extinguisher bracket in place. The bracket has mounting holes that line up perfectly to the cut rail notches. Secure it tight with two nuts.
Seat still slides as per normal.
I will get a pic soon :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
That was my point. It will fit new but folding it all back up....Let the fun begin. But if you are one of those scout master campers you will have no problem.

How do you have the fog light only on ?

Any Photos of the lined hatch and have you noticed any difference in sound ? I just have the frond door done and plan on doing the rear door tailgate and rear floor. Esp the rear area since I had to remove a lot of carpet to fit a full size spare in
Fogs are on with the lights set to 1.
Then just turn them on. Park lights are also on.

Lining the rear door is a pita. You are forever banging the trim back into place as the clips never want to hold again.
The exhaust sound has reduced slightly but the main problem it the heavier weight of the tailgate. I had to remove some dynamat as the struts were struggling to keep the tailgate open. Hence why its made of lightweight fibreglass.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
While I had zero spare time I thought I'd buy the android app Torque and install it on to my 10.1" tablet.
As I have a Bluetooth obd2 elm327 dongle, I thought I'd give it a go.

Turns out I can do real time data logging, check signals and check/clear diagnostic codes.

All ready for action!

Available options.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry to be greedy, but would you be willing to post the other few "orange sand" pictures you have at those resolutions? It's hard to find good full resolution pictures for my 27" monitor.

Also, that fire extinguisher bracket is very nifty. My extinguisher is currently just shoved under the seat. :p

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Love the motorsport decal and the pics!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts