SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have also treated my boot with acoustical material. Take the time to cove the inside of the hatch as well. Marked difference of interior exhaust tone.
Great work! Hope it all goes smoothly.
Wagons rule.
OK, as stupid as this may sound, what part of the caR is the "boot"? And what part of the caR is the "hatch / tailgate" = rear door? I only ask because I plan to treat my caR with acoustical material.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK, as stupid as this may sound, what part of the caR is the "boot"? And what part of the caR is the "hatch / tailgate" = rear door? I only ask because I plan to treat my caR with acoustical material.
Tailgate/ latch/ boot / rear door all the same thing.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My hatch/tailgate is metal. Never would have thought it was fibreglass considering the pounding it takes opening and closing.
I also placed Dmat inside the hatch cavities and used rubber acoustical spray inside there for additional coverage.

edit- just re-read your post. If you mean the inside carpeted cover on the hatch, not sure if that is plastic or fglass.
It's actually plywood, just like my '97 V70 AWD was (and the WWII Hurricane fighter/bomber fuselage!)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
now THAT is a serious solution to your head light and cluster mod hurdles. Good call.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
oceanracer, your VR looks bone stock yet it has some nice mods! honestly im loving the bone stock look. keep it a super sleeper. a BEAUTIFUL sleeper ;)

keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
My hatch/tailgate is metal. Never would have thought it was fibreglass considering the pounding it takes opening and closing.
I also placed Dmat inside the hatch cavities and used rubber acoustical spray inside there for additional coverage.

edit- just re-read your post. If you mean the inside carpeted cover on the hatch, not sure if that is plastic or fglass.
Nope, it's fiberglass. ALL P2 wagon OEM tailgates are fiberglass. Unless you got an aftermarket/Chinese gate from an accident.

·
Registered
441 Posts
OceanRacer, that one pic reminds me of White Sands, New Mexico. Nice pics.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oceanracer, your VR looks bone stock yet it has some nice mods! honestly im loving the bone stock look. keep it a super sleeper. a BEAUTIFUL sleeper ;)

keep up the good work!
Cheers !
That may also be due to the impossibility to get any exterior parts for the R where I live.

I am very keen to have the black trims painted silver to match the paint.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hands down one of the best car shots I have ever seen. And undeniably the best R shot ever! Front of the car could use a little post work but all I can say is Wow!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If I wanted to do a custom inter-cooler on my car, what size would you suggest after running into the issues that you did?
I would get a smaller one. Say 600mm from end to end and not weld to weld like mine. This will allow you to have the 2.25" cooler feed in line and outlet at 90 degrees past the radiator and headlight support. The GSX_Todd kit has all of this.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Hands down one of the best car shots I have ever seen. And undeniably the best R shot ever! Front of the car could use a little post work but all I can say is Wow!
Amazing shots, so good that it'll likely land onto next year's Calendar as well :)

Btw, Adam, I've removed all that airplane fuselage stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Amazing shots, so good that it'll likely land onto next year's Calendar as well :)

Btw, Adam, I've removed all that airplane fuselage stuff.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Way to take the easy way out and buy a V70R :D Way to get to work right away Ads! I look forward to seeing the "almost finished" result.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Way to take the easy way out and buy a V70R :D Way to get to work right away Ads! I look forward to seeing the "almost finished" result.
lol, I did have fun converting the XC but it got to a point where I had enough.

This weekend I have planned some more updates:
• Install 5000k HID fog lights
• Install Dynamat in the tailgate
• Adjust and tighten a FMIC hose + clamp
• Cover headlights with clear film for upcoming RaceWars event.
• Replace front right door speaker
• Give it a wash

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
This weekend I have planned some more updates:
• Install 5000k HID fog lights. DONE
• Install Dynamat in the tailgate. DONE
• Adjust and tighten a FMIC hose + clamp. DONE
• Replace front right door speaker
Tried to remove the speaker but my drill is too weak and failed to remove the rivets.

Yes I can confirm the tailgate is fibreglass

New 5000k HID fogs :)

* after installing 1.5 sheets of dynamat in the tailgate, I have noticed it requires a little more encouragement to open. Looks like some new struts will be required soon.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts