SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A collection of Volvo's spotted at various car shows in the U.K :pic: - Please feel free to add more :)
Glossop Car Show 19th May 2012

This beast is a Volvo N86 that still earns its keep with a truck restoration firm (there are times when I could with something like this in my life!) - here is a nice picture album on the company's website

http://www.krwalsh-classics.com/?page_id=362

While I was at this event, I saw the future of classic car shows..

And a "Car Park Honey";)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Riverside Rally 20th April 2013

Some of these have already been shared on the Amazon Forum - because they really like that sort of thing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haigh Hall German Car Show 10th August 2013

Surprisingly, Volvo's were a little thin on the ground at this show.. - apart from this beauty in the car park.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Glossop Car Show 18th May 2013

I think there would have been more at this one, but the typical Manchester weather put them off!
Love the way the guy in the red Zodiac is transfixed with the P1800E in this pic.

Meanwhile, in the car park -

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Footman James Manchester Classic Car Show
21st September 2013

Mostly indoor event - the room lighting was Awful!
But, they did have a "Star" Guest!:eek:

To think, Roger's A$$ once sat in this "sacred" place - before it was restored obviously.:D

Next to it was this cute droptop - based on the Radford and Volvoville designs with added structure

It clearly attracted the "beautiful" people of the show's crowd;)

Next up, a '87 240 that should have give the detailers with the ragtop something to think about..

And Now, something different..

Meanwhile, in the carpark (maybe because it was "just" a normal p1800!)

No, i'm not Inspector Gadget!:facepalm:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Woodvale Rally Victoria Park Southport
21st June 2014

This was a rather hot and sunny day (I got sunburnt in North West England - in June! :confused: ) which is remarkable when you consider last year the area was issued with a "Severe Weather Warning" - good ol' English weather..

Couple of exhibits from volvotuning.net

850 part's hauler

V70 "Car Boot" seller with a suitable number plate! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Footman James Manchester Classic Car Show
20th September 2014

Sorry for some of the quality of the pictures - as I mentioned in last years post above, the room lighting is horrible! :confused:

The Volvo Enthusiasts Club had a great selection as always, but they had less space to play with this year.

Nice to see a 480 at a show - interest in these is definitely on the rise.

120 Estate

P1800E

'52 PV445 Convertible

120 Amazon that competed in the London-Sydney Rallies '93 and '00 and also London-Mexico '95. (Shown here in '95 decals)

But this years stand (and show) star is the B.T.C.C 850 estate - It's the 20th anniversary of one of Volvo's most defining moments when they returned to circuit racing, with an estate car.. The rest is history.

It's the real thing, not a rep.

When I was taking an interest in the above a Gentleman on the stand approached me and started chatting - it turned out the Gentleman was Mr Kevin Price - owner of the PV445 above, founder of the Volvo Enthusiasts Club, and owner and restorer of The Saint P1800 that was featured at the show last year! :cool:
A Saint car "exclusive" for your info - he has driven the car about 3000 miles in the last year :) - and when he does drive it, everybody thinks it's another "Saint" rep, not the real thing because it does not have "ST1" as the number plate!
Meeting Mr Price was a highlight of the show, a very nice man, and a credit to the world of Volvo enthusiasts - this is his excellent website -

http://www.thesaintvolvo.co.uk/

Not only all that, he let me sit in the B.T.C.C car! :cool:

The little kid in me thought this was Awesome, the big kid in me was surprised at how cramped the racing seat was :facepalm:

And finally, some Car Park Honeys for your delight.
V6 960

Prancing Moose in da house..

V70 "private plate" massive..

Real World Volvo :)

2 very different "coops"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi ..I am new member. I want ask about summer volvo meeting…. gonna be something ???

Odoslané z GT-N7100 pomocou Tapatalku

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's a bit early for the U.K car show scene to be planning for 2015 - our wonderful weather is a factor.. :rolleyes: And most club meets take place in the warmer South of England.

But here is a few links:-

Volvo Owners Club UK events page

VolvoTuning.net UK events pages

Volvo Enthusiasts Club UK events pages

I can't find any more Volvo specific meets - the hot rumour doing the rounds is the "S.V.M" Scottish section of the Autoshi*e forum are going to finally meet up in 2015 has not yet been confirmed.. :cool:

This is a good website for regional general classic car shows - Classic Shows UK - keep checking back because it is updated regularly.

**Mods - Please move/delete if this post is in wrong place :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay 👌 I will check ✔ that later…. Now I am working… thanks for info ℹ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is nobody??? Why ??? I mean UK Forum….… 😢😢

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For a American based website, Swedespeed has a lot of U.K posters - they just don't post much in this bit! :D Which is a shame because this is the most balanced Volvo forum anywhere I.M.H.O - Young or old, original or modified, fast or slow, it's all here!
A forum is what the people post on it, so people of the UK, get posting! :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Retro Rides Gathering at Shelsley Walsh hillclimb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Realy nice photos from meeting.....next year will same meeting?? If yes so know anybody where and when? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone.....I am looking for sport mesh grill for my C70 T5 year 2007......with badge or badgeless....any idea guys?? Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right, lets get this Thread back on track.

Glossop Car Show May 22nd 2015

First up, a Old (Big Bad) Friend returns.

Nice to see 240 Series getting some classic love - May '86 registered

Not sure what the "Sacred Ring of Owners" and their deckchairs are up to at the rear..

October '86 on display with the Cheshire Classic Car Club - this was getting more :pic: attention than their DB5! Liking the clean 700 series trims.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheshire Steam Fair 11th July 2015

- I wonder in 50 years time if people like me will go to “Petrol Generator Fairs” & take pictures of shiny Prius's and e-Drive's.. :D

A nice '72 164 unfortunately parked near the rubbish sacks.

Now this is something very different..

It's a '63 L3314SU (A.K.A "Laplander" - which sounds like a club I'd visit!;))

interesting history with this one - This actual vehicle was imported into England by Ailsa Trucks in the 1960's (the Volvo UK importer at the time) to go on trial with the British Army with a view for potential use as a military vehicle. The deal never happened, and it was subsequently sold on later for private use. (The U.K never got any official imports, but they was used by other country's as army vehicles)

Car Park Honey's time - I wonder which one will stand the test of time better - the 1991 or 2012 model?? :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
North Cheshire Classic Car Club Annual Show - August 2nd 2015 (at Vauxhall Motors (Ellesmere Port) South Car Park)

Nice to see a 340 that has not been converted into a Drift Car.

1986, 35 thousand miles from new, fantastically Beige.. :eek:

And now, something a little different - from someone who sent these pictures to me who wishes to remain anonymous - we shall call him "The Wool" :D - some sneaky pictures from Volvo UK's training centre in Milton Keynes.

In the reception area

480MTT is an early Jensen built P1800, an older restoration that was carried out by members of the "Volvo Enthusiasts Club" and then sold on to Volvo - more details here

http://volvoenthusiastsclub.co.uk/gallery.asp?gID=41

And some fascinating close up photos of the S60 training vehicle

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Tatton Park "Passion for Power" Classic Motor Show August 22nd 2015

We saw this earlier in the thread at Glossop, but not under the hood - nicely detailed. :thumbup:

Nice '65 122S that looks like it was originally lived in Switzerland.

All the Babes like a Nice Amazon ;)

Even dogs with no legs admire them :D

'91 940 in a very diverse line-up

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Tatton Park "Classic Car Spectacular" 4th June 2016

Interesting mix of individual owners and club vehicles on display.

First up, tidy '71 164 only just run in with 145 thousand miles.

'95 440 Diesel

Don't you hate it when people park near to a cool ride in the hope some of the magic rubs off.. :D

Down at the Volvo Owner's Club stand it was the hot place to be seen at. :cool:

Superb '68 121

Spotless 460 entered into the "Concours d'Elegance" - Today Tatton, tomorrow Pebble Beach! (in about 60 years time..)

Cool '96 960 that surprisingly suits whitewalls.

Finally, '63 PV544 with the mandatory car show specification camp chair.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts