SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: The totally useless iPod interface in V70 MY2009 (Johann)

How is yours broken? Mine works. 2nd gen phone with 3.0 software.

When I plug it in, it throws an error message saying "this accessory is not designed to work do you want to turn on airplane mode" i say no and it works fine.

I didn't notice however, that the phone gets very hot while charging / connected to the car but otherwise the interface is working just fine.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: The totally useless iPod interface in V70 MY2009 (pshifrin)

Quote, originally posted by pshifrin »
How is yours broken? Mine works. 2nd gen phone with 3.0 software.

When I plug it in, it throws an error message saying "this accessory is not designed to work do you want to turn on airplane mode" i say no and it works fine.

I didn't notice however, that the phone gets very hot while charging / connected to the car but otherwise the interface is working just fine.

Won't load the music, says iPod is unreadable..

·
Registered
403 Posts

I've noticed this happens once in a while connecting the phone to my computer. Have you tried turning the phone completely off then on again?

·
Registered
222 Posts

Works for me on an iPod Touch 2G w/ 3.0 OS update.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: The totally useless iPod interface in V70 MY2009 (etherfarm)

Quote, originally posted by etherfarm »
Works for me on an iPod Touch 2G w/ 3.0 OS update.

Good to hear, gives hope..

Did you do any jailbreaking/unlocking?

·
Registered
222 Posts

No, as far as I know there's no need to jailbreak an iPod, as there's no carrier lock.

I did notice the other day that there's a small lag between operations (pushing the button for next track gets the next track, but it takes the display a few seconds to start displaying info). Maybe that's some kind of incompatibility. But other than that it works fine.

I'm guessing you'll need an update from Volvo. Which might take a while.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why would anyone use their 500€ iPhone in the car for playing music from? Aren't you using it for phone call first hand? Can you even make phone cals while connected to the stereo?
1. Buy a 16GB USb stick for 50€
2. Buy an iPod Nano for the extra iPod functionality, ie browse by artist etc etc.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: (jhellstrom)

Quote, originally posted by jhellstrom »
Why would anyone use their 500€ iPhone in the car for playing music from? Aren't you using it for phone call first hand? Can you even make phone cals while connected to the stereo?

Good point! I'd just assumed it could do both functions, but I wonder...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

It works perfect together with the build in BT.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (T5_awd)

Why no USB stick?

Because I'm only carrying a phone with me.

Anyway, got the thing working again. Appears some Cydia apps break things. Some of these apps don't work properly on the 3.0 firmware. Removed everything and now it is functioning again.

Thanks for reporting the 2G can work with the Volvo adapter else I wouldn't have made the effort..

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: (Johann)

I guess you can't just put the usb stick in the car and forget about it?

I tried my iPhone 3G yesterday in the car, won't charge the phone but it works fine. When making calls the music is silent and paused.
It's quite a hassle to use the phone when it's connected to the connector due to the placement of the cable between the chairs.
I guess if you have Bluetooth in the car and that works properly it's another deal.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I guess you can't just put the usb stick in the car and forget about it?

Yes I have a USB stick mounted but the thing is you never really take it out to update.
I often charge the iPhone through the computer and with iTunes it is synced while charging. Any new MP3's are synced to the iPhone automatically so very little hassle.

Quote »

I guess if you have Bluetooth in the car and that works properly it's another deal.

Placing of the iPhone is a bit less yes, specially if you have the RSE system installed with the DVD player underneath the armrest. Very little space left and added to that when out of sight I often forget to take the phone with me when I get out of the car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: (Johann)

To those with bluetooth, I find even with it I still reach for the phone to dial the number, then use the bluetooth for speaking. I have voice dial too, but sometimes it doesn't catch the right name, so you have no choice but to use the phone to manually dial.

Also, with my Blackberry and over 600 contacts, it can't seem to sync them / download them, so I can't just use the console to scroll through my contacts forever to find someone and then press Enter to call them.

You don't have that issue? How do you deal with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.