SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is pretty much terrible. i mean lets be honest. zero enjoyment whatsoever from winding her out. almost grating to the ears actually. blah.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
it is a very noisy engine no doubt.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It could be a Prius and either make no noise or sound like shaking mad bees when you get into hard.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
i actually had a prius scare the crap out of me in a parking lot recently... it snuck up on me like batman. eerily silent.
"I fear you under estimate my sneakiness" Emilio (Mr. Deeds)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
:what:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Lol you're funny
A 5 cyl engine has one of the most beautiful notes

Open up the exhaust a bit and you will see
+1 Agreed. I've been enjoying the music my R's been singing lately.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
+2

·
Registered
520 Posts
LOL!
The sound definitely improved with the resonator delete and is now MUCH more improved with the EST exhaust - my daughter can hear me come home 2 minutes before I get to the driveway! :)
Has a pseudo-exotic sound - not ricey like a 4-banger with a fart-can, not as deep as a Stillen-V6, but it is quite nice! Not as sexy as a Maserati's sound though!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
see signature

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to agree,,my ride is bone stock for the moment and Ive actully laid off it cause it sounds sickly. Ive owner 930 turbos, M3s, 540s, 535s,WRXs,Grand national, vettes, FFRs, and well you get the point. Its perfect when cruising, like my wife should with it and 105k miles, however I will definatley do and exhaust and downpipe. Seems like all the mature folks who have agree it sounds "proper" not boy racer abnoxous. BTW a 2004 M3 sounds like nails being spit out the tail pipe and a 930 sounds broke till 3500rpm.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts